Debug.WriteLine Doesn't Produce Output

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC

    #1

    Debug.WriteLine Doesn't Produce Output

    I'm using Visual Basic 2005 Express. When I use the command
    Debug.WriteLine ("Testing"), nothing appears on the output window.

    I searched the newsgroups and found this problem reported twice, but in
    both cases the solution seemed to apply to Visual Studio, and not
    Visual Basic Express.

    Can anyone tell me how to get the problem fixed in VB 2005 Express?


    -TC

  • Chris

    #2
    Re: Debug.WriteLine Doesn't Produce Output

    TC wrote:[color=blue]
    > I'm using Visual Basic 2005 Express. When I use the command
    > Debug.WriteLine ("Testing"), nothing appears on the output window.
    >
    > I searched the newsgroups and found this problem reported twice, but in
    > both cases the solution seemed to apply to Visual Studio, and not
    > Visual Basic Express.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to get the problem fixed in VB 2005 Express?
    >
    >
    > -TC
    >[/color]

    Just a thought, did you check the immediate window?

    Comment

    • TC

      #3
      Re: Debug.WriteLine Doesn't Produce Output

      Chris,

      Thank you. The Immediate window was the answer.

      (Because the Immediate window wasn't an option under the View menu, I
      assumed it didn't exist in VB2005. Now I know to look for it under the
      Debug menu.)

      -TC

      Comment

      • c_shah

        #4
        Re: Debug.WriteLine Doesn't Produce Output

        If you go to Tools-->Options -->Debugging -->General

        uncheck Redirect all output window text to immediate window

        Comment

        Working...