.Net Mail and hotmail question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bob

    #1

    .Net Mail and hotmail question

    I have a bit of code in a functions that sends a .Net mail message
    asynchronously.
    emailClient.Sen dAsync(EmailMes sage, 0)


    I don't really want to wait for the return status of the messages, so this
    normally tests out fine BUT

    When testing it I use my localhost as the smtp server. I can send an e-mail
    to my normal e-mail address and I get it with my outlook but it won't send
    an e-mail to my hotmail address. I won't see it thru my outlook hotmail
    connection, nor will I see it in my internet browser whenn I connect to my
    hotmail account.
    Yet when I test my Outlook program, I can send an e-mail to my hotmail
    e-mail address and I will see it in my Outlook hotmail account or in my
    Internet browser page for my hotmail.

    Why does this not work with the .Net emailclient.sen d(Emailmessage) nor
    with emailClient.Sen dAsync(EmailMes sage, 0), it looks like trying to send
    via my localhost smtp server is being blocked by hotmail servers.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Bob





  • Nathan Sokalski

    #2
    Re: .Net Mail and hotmail question

    Did you check Hotmail's Junkmail folder? If I remember correctly, when
    sending an email message using ASP.NET on localhost, Hotmail views it as
    Junk (probably because not many people have a certificate on their localhost
    server). I would first see if it does get sent to Hotmail's Junkmail folder.
    If it does, see if the same thing happens when you put the site on your
    production server (what certificates your production server has on it will
    determine this). These statements come from past experience only, but if I
    remember correctly I had the same problem, and I then eventually realized
    the mail was being sent to my Junkmail folder. Good Luck!
    --
    Nathan Sokalski
    njsokalski@hotm ail.com
    有声小说网为广大读者提供热门小说在线免费阅读,本站收集的网络文学小说情节跌宕起伏,有声小说网是值得书友们收藏的小说在线阅读网。


    "Bob" <bdufour@sgiims .com> wrote in message
    news:OqAQ%23Ipf GHA.4304@TK2MSF TNGP05.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
    >I have a bit of code in a functions that sends a .Net mail message
    >asynchronously .
    > emailClient.Sen dAsync(EmailMes sage, 0)
    >
    >
    > I don't really want to wait for the return status of the messages, so this
    > normally tests out fine BUT
    >
    > When testing it I use my localhost as the smtp server. I can send an
    > e-mail to my normal e-mail address and I get it with my outlook but it
    > won't send an e-mail to my hotmail address. I won't see it thru my outlook
    > hotmail connection, nor will I see it in my internet browser whenn I
    > connect to my hotmail account.
    > Yet when I test my Outlook program, I can send an e-mail to my hotmail
    > e-mail address and I will see it in my Outlook hotmail account or in my
    > Internet browser page for my hotmail.
    >
    > Why does this not work with the .Net emailclient.sen d(Emailmessage) nor
    > with emailClient.Sen dAsync(EmailMes sage, 0), it looks like trying to send
    > via my localhost smtp server is being blocked by hotmail servers.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    Working...