Allow Null Value

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pieter Coucke

    #1

    Allow Null Value

    Hi,

    A given column of my Report (reporting services 2005) contains clients or
    null values. I want the user to be able to chose one or more clients for the
    parameter, and than show only those records of this client. I also want to
    be able to chose "NULL", which will show the records with the null-values.
    Also: When the user selects "(select all)" it should show not only those
    with a client, but also those with a null value.

    How do I have to do this? I tried with adding a Null-value row in my
    parameter DataSet, but that didn't work. I also can't set the "Allow Null
    Value" for my parameter ("The properties of the currently selected item are
    not valid. Please correct all errors before continuing").

    Does anybody know how to do this?

    Thanks a lot in advance,

    Pieter


  • Tim Dot NoSpam

    #2
    Re: Allow Null Value

    set your data source for the client list to:

    select clientId, clientName (or whatever it is)
    from clientTable
    union select 0, 'All Clients'
    union select -1, 'Blank Client'
    order by 1

    you query needs to take into account the magic values '0' and '-1'.

    -T

    "Pieter Coucke" <pietercoucke@h otmail.com> wrote in message
    news:uc7DB%23Xf GHA.5104@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
    > Hi,
    >
    > A given column of my Report (reporting services 2005) contains clients or
    > null values. I want the user to be able to chose one or more clients for
    > the parameter, and than show only those records of this client. I also
    > want to be able to chose "NULL", which will show the records with the
    > null-values. Also: When the user selects "(select all)" it should show not
    > only those with a client, but also those with a null value.
    >
    > How do I have to do this? I tried with adding a Null-value row in my
    > parameter DataSet, but that didn't work. I also can't set the "Allow Null
    > Value" for my parameter ("The properties of the currently selected item
    > are not valid. Please correct all errors before continuing").
    >
    > Does anybody know how to do this?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance,
    >
    > Pieter
    >[/color]


    Comment

    Working...