FTP routines programmed by VB .net

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dartish

    #1

    FTP routines programmed by VB .net

    Hi all,

    I need to use .net VB to achieve some FTP routines.

    I need to get the list of file names from the FTP site, compare the
    list of file names with the file names of my local directory and
    download whatever that is not in my local directory.

    I have to do this in .net (VB), which is brand new to me. Any pointers,
    sample codes, website, would be extremely helpful.

    Thank you very much.

    Dartish

  • Fred Hedges

    #2
    Re: FTP routines programmed by VB .net

    I don't think .NET has any/good support for FTP. The link below shows one
    chaps attempt to do it with his own library - I suppose it might give some
    pointers. The alternative is to purchase and use a commercial .NET FTP
    library. Just google for "dotnet+library +ftp" and there are loads of links.










    "Dartish" <highlanderda@y ahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1147998748 .292132.24570@j 73g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...[color=blue]
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to use .net VB to achieve some FTP routines.
    >
    > I need to get the list of file names from the FTP site, compare the
    > list of file names with the file names of my local directory and
    > download whatever that is not in my local directory.
    >
    > I have to do this in .net (VB), which is brand new to me. Any pointers,
    > sample codes, website, would be extremely helpful.
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Dartish
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Jim Wooley

      #3
      Re: FTP routines programmed by VB .net

      In .Net 2.0, there is FTP abilities built in. See the FtpWebRequest and FtpWebResponse
      methods. (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ebrequest.aspx)

      It is even easier in VB using the My namespace. Just use My.Computer.Net work.DownloadFi le
      or My.Computer.Net work.UploadFile . Piece of cake.

      Jim Wooley

      [color=blue]
      > I don't think .NET has any/good support for FTP. The link below
      > shows one chaps attempt to do it with his own library - I suppose it
      > might give some pointers. The alternative is to purchase and use a
      > commercial .NET FTP library. Just google for "dotnet+library +ftp" and
      > there are loads of links.
      >
      > http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/dotnetftp.asp
      >
      > "Dartish" <highlanderda@y ahoo.com> wrote in message
      > news:1147998748 .292132.24570@j 73g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...
      >[color=green]
      >> Hi all,
      >>
      >> I need to use .net VB to achieve some FTP routines.
      >>
      >> I need to get the list of file names from the FTP site, compare the
      >> list of file names with the file names of my local directory and
      >> download whatever that is not in my local directory.
      >>
      >> I have to do this in .net (VB), which is brand new to me. Any
      >> pointers, sample codes, website, would be extremely helpful.
      >>
      >> Thank you very much.
      >>
      >> Dartish
      >>[/color][/color]


      Comment

      • Dartish

        #4
        Re: FTP routines programmed by VB .net

        Thank you very much, Jim and Fred.

        DL

        Comment

        Working...