Novice: VB 8 and Access Databases

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • clusardi2k@aol.com

    #1

    Novice: VB 8 and Access Databases

    Hello,

    I'm new to VB 8. But, I want to use VB to communicate with a database
    containing, let's say, 15 fields. So, I've been reading chapter 18 of
    the book "Microsoft Visual Basic 2005" and was wondering if you can
    tell me what else I will have to do? I'm willing to use Access, but how
    do I create the initial Access database? Should I refresh my memory on
    how to use Access and create an initial database directly with Access?
    And, then use VB to change the database?

    Thank you,
    Christopher Lusardi

  • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

    #2
    Re: Novice: VB 8 and Access Databases

    Using complete Net it is impossible what you ask.

    However this fullfils your answer.



    I hope this helps,

    Cor

    <clusardi2k@aol .com> schreef in bericht
    news:1146592517 .707962.104950@ j73g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm new to VB 8. But, I want to use VB to communicate with a database
    > containing, let's say, 15 fields. So, I've been reading chapter 18 of
    > the book "Microsoft Visual Basic 2005" and was wondering if you can
    > tell me what else I will have to do? I'm willing to use Access, but how
    > do I create the initial Access database? Should I refresh my memory on
    > how to use Access and create an initial database directly with Access?
    > And, then use VB to change the database?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Christopher Lusardi
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • IdleBrain

      #3
      Re: Novice: VB 8 and Access Databases

      Hai
      You should be able to find some sample Access database files in the
      system. Look under:
      \\Program Files\MS Office\Office11 \Samples for some sample database
      files like the famous Northwind.mdb

      Search for *.mdb otherwise.

      Learn to create access database otherwise. Its worth the effort and it
      is not difficult either.

      Cheers
      :-)

      Comment

      Working...