Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jww.salt@gmail.com

    #1

    Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

    Hello,

    Has anyone had success deploying an add-in for Outlook 2000 written
    with Visual Studio 2005? I cannot even make a msgbox "Hello World"
    onConnection with outlook. I am not using Visual Tools for Office and
    I am compiling with the office 9.0 Object library. Any ideas on what I
    am doing wrong?

  • Carlos J. Quintero [VB MVP]

    #2
    Re: Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

    Does it work on your development machine?

    Can you debug it?

    Is it disabled (About window, Disabled Items button) ?

    Which is your specific problem?

    --

    Best regards,

    Carlos J. Quintero

    MZ-Tools: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio
    You can code, design and document much faster:
    MZ-Tools has a single goal: To make your everyday programming life easier. As an add-in to several Integrated Development Environment (IDEs) from Microsoft, MZ-Tools adds new menus and toolbars to them that provide many new productivity features.



    <jww.salt@gmail .com> escribió en el mensaje
    news:1145456938 .718914.28890@i 39g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...[color=blue]
    > Hello,
    >
    > Has anyone had success deploying an add-in for Outlook 2000 written
    > with Visual Studio 2005? I cannot even make a msgbox "Hello World"
    > onConnection with outlook. I am not using Visual Tools for Office and
    > I am compiling with the office 9.0 Object library. Any ideas on what I
    > am doing wrong?
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • jww.salt@gmail.com

      #3
      Re: Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

      Sorry for the delay, but I think my co-worker was able to include the
      extensibility.d ll to make the project work on a test machine. I have
      yet to make that work myself, but the add-in works on my development
      machine in debug mode, and does not work when installed on a separate
      test machine. The LoadBehavior for the add-in in the registry is
      disabled (btw, I am testing on Outlook 2000) every time I start
      Outlook.

      The add-in just does not seem to be detecting/loading with Outlook
      2000.
      My test machine is running windows XP, Office 2000.

      Comment

      • jww.salt@gmail.com

        #4
        Re: Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

        Sorry for the delay, but I think my co-worker was able to include the
        extensibility.d ll to make the project work on a test machine. I have
        yet to make that work myself, but the add-in works on my development
        machine in debug mode, and does not work when installed on a separate
        test machine. The LoadBehavior for the add-in in the registry is
        disabled (btw, I am testing on Outlook 2000) every time I start
        Outlook.

        The add-in just does not seem to be detecting/loading with Outlook
        2000.
        My test machine is running windows XP, Office 2000.

        Comment

        • Carlos J. Quintero [VB MVP]

          #5
          Re: Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

          If it is failing silently maybe the add-in is not found, or not correctly
          registered. You may want to use RegMon (http://www.sysinternals.com/) to
          monitor the registry activity when Outlook tries to load the add-in.

          --

          Best regards,

          Carlos J. Quintero

          MZ-Tools: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio
          You can code, design and document much faster:
          MZ-Tools has a single goal: To make your everyday programming life easier. As an add-in to several Integrated Development Environment (IDEs) from Microsoft, MZ-Tools adds new menus and toolbars to them that provide many new productivity features.




          <jww.salt@gmail .com> escribió en el mensaje
          news:1145570289 .818100.150470@ i39g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
          > Sorry for the delay, but I think my co-worker was able to include the
          > extensibility.d ll to make the project work on a test machine. I have
          > yet to make that work myself, but the add-in works on my development
          > machine in debug mode, and does not work when installed on a separate
          > test machine. The LoadBehavior for the add-in in the registry is
          > disabled (btw, I am testing on Outlook 2000) every time I start
          > Outlook.
          >
          > The add-in just does not seem to be detecting/loading with Outlook
          > 2000.
          > My test machine is running windows XP, Office 2000.
          >[/color]


          Comment

          • jww.salt@gmail.com

            #6
            Re: Visual Studio 2005 Outlook 2000

            ok, I'll give that a try, thanks for all your replies Carlos!

            Comment

            Working...