Visual Basic 2005 Express

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Martin Racette

    #1

    Visual Basic 2005 Express

    Hi,

    I recently installed that programing environment, and I'm wondering how to do
    some of the things

    I created a program that renames, moves, and copies file, most of the routine
    are located in a DLL file that I created along with the main program, everything
    work fine, but I can not get the routine running in the DLL to update a progress
    bar and a label field that I would like the name of the file being processed to
    appear

    I checked in the help that comes with Visual Basic 2005 Express, but I can not
    find how to do this

    Any help would be appreciated
    --
    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin


  • Kerry Moorman

    #2
    RE: Visual Basic 2005 Express

    Martin,

    A couple of options:

    1. Pass the controls into the class in the dll, either as properties of the
    class or as arguments to a method. For example:

    Public Class MyClass1

    Public Sub DoSomething(ByV al myLabel As System.Windows. Forms.Label)

    For i As Integer = 1 To 10
    '
    'Processing
    '
    'Display something in the label
    myLabel.Text = i.ToString
    myLabel.Refresh ()
    Next

    End Sub
    End Class

    Then on a form, call the method and pass it some control, in this case a
    label:

    Dim mc1 As New MyClassLibrary. MyClass1

    mc1.DoSomething (Label1)

    2. In the class in the dll, raise an event. Handle the event on a form. For
    example:

    Public Class MyClass2

    Public Event DidSomething(By Val SomeValue As Integer)

    Public Sub DoSomething()

    For i As Integer = 1 To 10
    '
    'Processing
    '
    'Raise an event
    RaiseEvent DidSomething(i)
    Next

    End Sub
    End Class

    On a form:

    Private WithEvents mc2 As New MyClassLibrary2 .MyClass2

    Private Sub mc2_DidSomethin g(ByVal SomeValue As Integer) Handles
    mc2.DidSomethin g

    Label1.Text = SomeValue.ToStr ing
    Label1.Refresh( )

    End Sub

    Then call the method and let the event handler update the label:

    mc2.DoSomething ()

    Kerry Moorman




    "Martin Racette" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently installed that programing environment, and I'm wondering how to do
    > some of the things
    >
    > I created a program that renames, moves, and copies file, most of the routine
    > are located in a DLL file that I created along with the main program, everything
    > work fine, but I can not get the routine running in the DLL to update a progress
    > bar and a label field that I would like the name of the file being processed to
    > appear
    >
    > I checked in the help that comes with Visual Basic 2005 Express, but I can not
    > find how to do this
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    > --
    > Thank you in Advance
    >
    > Merci a l'Avance
    >
    > Martin
    >
    >
    >[/color]

    Comment

    Working...