Force IE Credential Prompt

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr. Novice

    #1

    Force IE Credential Prompt

    When I would try to connect to a Virtual Server Host's admin page from Win2k
    Pro I would be prompted for credentials. Now that my employer has gone to XP
    IE goes straight to saying "You are not authorized to view this page" without
    givng me the option to supply alternate credentials. I'm launching the URL
    from a VB.Net application using...

    process.start(" https://servername:1024/VirtualServer/VSWebApp.exe?vi ew=1")

    Is there a way to force IE to prompt for credentials?

    p.s. In case you're wondering why I don't just use runas or something to
    supply the credentials, its because of how VSH works, or at least how my
    employer has implemented it. I can log into a host server with an ID that has
    admin rights and open the VSH admin page from start / programs and still be
    prompted for credentials. I enter the same user id and password that I used
    to log into the server and it opens. I'm ok with having to enter an ID and
    password to get the VSH admin page to open, I just need IE to give me that
    option.

    Thanks!

    Chad
  • Mr. Novice

    #2
    RE: Force IE Credential Prompt

    Sorry, the correct url starts with http not https. =)


    "Mr. Novice" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > When I would try to connect to a Virtual Server Host's admin page from Win2k
    > Pro I would be prompted for credentials. Now that my employer has gone to XP
    > IE goes straight to saying "You are not authorized to view this page" without
    > givng me the option to supply alternate credentials. I'm launching the URL
    > from a VB.Net application using...
    >
    > process.start(" https://servername:1024/VirtualServer/VSWebApp.exe?vi ew=1")
    >
    > Is there a way to force IE to prompt for credentials?
    >
    > p.s. In case you're wondering why I don't just use runas or something to
    > supply the credentials, its because of how VSH works, or at least how my
    > employer has implemented it. I can log into a host server with an ID that has
    > admin rights and open the VSH admin page from start / programs and still be
    > prompted for credentials. I enter the same user id and password that I used
    > to log into the server and it opens. I'm ok with having to enter an ID and
    > password to get the VSH admin page to open, I just need IE to give me that
    > option.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Chad[/color]

    Comment

    Working...