vb.net and remote web files

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Guest's Avatar

    #1

    vb.net and remote web files

    How can I load the file names from a remote web server via VB.net? I created
    a virtual directory on a w2003 server and did a
    Dir("http://test.com/testdir/*.*")
    I also tried
    Dir("http://test.com/testdir/")
    but it returns no error, just an empty string. Is there another way to read
    file names on web server via vb.net
    I can enter the http path "http://test.com/testdir/" in the windows run box
    and it returns a listing of the files in the web directory, but I cant find
    a way to do it in vb.net..
    Thanks
    Buc




  • info@easesoft.net

    #2
    Re: vb.net and remote web files

    You can't do that with Dir("http://test.com/testdir/*.*"),
    The file system won't redirect the folder to a http server.

    You can write some code to download the files to local folder
    first, then browse it.

    Regards

    Eric

    Comment

    Working...