Frustrated Beginner ! Browse Dialog Box

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • William Foster

    #1

    Frustrated Beginner ! Browse Dialog Box

    Good evening all,

    Microsoft is really starting to annoy me as a new user. I am trying to
    convert my code from VBA (A very user friendly laguage with generally
    good help files) to Visual Studio 2005 Visual Basic (A poorly documented
    language).

    I am unable to find help for Visual Basic that tells me how to show the
    Browse Files/Folders dialog box in this system; help shows me 50,000,001
    different articles but none of them relate to me, I have found
    information on openfiledialogb ox, putfile and all manner of other
    commands that work in things from C++ to articles written in 1999 but
    nothing to help me now.

    Does anyone know how to use the Browse Dialog Box in this system that
    MSDN tells me is possible but won't show me how (Reference:
    ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.v80. en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio .v80.en/dv_vsproj
    opt/html/5035b5ba-e0e7-4198-92ef-003109202a8e.ht m)

    Also does anyone know how to limit help so it only relates to the
    language and function you are using ? I have deselected all other
    languages but still commands are returned that do not work on in Visual
    Basic 2005.

    At this stage I am really regretting trying to move over to this new
    package. VBA is 100% more usable for a beginner.

    Sorry for the level of frustration but I have been struggling with this
    Help problem for the last three weeks.

    Yours sincerely,

    William Foster

    *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
  • Ken Tucker [MVP]

    #2
    Re: Frustrated Beginner ! Browse Dialog Box

    Hi,

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ndowsforms.asp

    Ken
    ------------
    "William Foster" <nospam@devdex. com> wrote in message
    news:uYk7PfUNGH A.3576@TK2MSFTN GP15.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > Good evening all,
    >
    > Microsoft is really starting to annoy me as a new user. I am trying to
    > convert my code from VBA (A very user friendly laguage with generally
    > good help files) to Visual Studio 2005 Visual Basic (A poorly documented
    > language).
    >
    > I am unable to find help for Visual Basic that tells me how to show the
    > Browse Files/Folders dialog box in this system; help shows me 50,000,001
    > different articles but none of them relate to me, I have found
    > information on openfiledialogb ox, putfile and all manner of other
    > commands that work in things from C++ to articles written in 1999 but
    > nothing to help me now.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to use the Browse Dialog Box in this system that
    > MSDN tells me is possible but won't show me how (Reference:
    > ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.v80. en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio .v80.en/dv_vsproj
    > opt/html/5035b5ba-e0e7-4198-92ef-003109202a8e.ht m)
    >
    > Also does anyone know how to limit help so it only relates to the
    > language and function you are using ? I have deselected all other
    > languages but still commands are returned that do not work on in Visual
    > Basic 2005.
    >
    > At this stage I am really regretting trying to move over to this new
    > package. VBA is 100% more usable for a beginner.
    >
    > Sorry for the level of frustration but I have been struggling with this
    > Help problem for the last three weeks.
    >
    > Yours sincerely,
    >
    > William Foster
    >
    > *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***[/color]


    Comment

    • Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

      #3
      Re: Frustrated Beginner ! Browse Dialog Box

      "William Foster" <nospam@devdex. com> schrieb:[color=blue]
      > Microsoft is really starting to annoy me as a new user. I am trying to
      > convert my code from VBA (A very user friendly laguage with generally
      > good help files) to Visual Studio 2005 Visual Basic (A poorly documented
      > language).[/color]

      Displaying the dialog for choosing a directory
      <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=folderbrows erdialog&lang=e n>

      --
      M S Herfried K. Wagner
      M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
      V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>

      Comment

      • William Foster

        #4
        Re: Frustrated Beginner ! Browse Dialog Box

        Ken & Herfried,

        Thank you greatly for your assistance, this looks like what I am after,
        I will have a play with it tonight.

        Once again thank you, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

        Yours sincerely,

        William Foster

        *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***

        Comment

        Working...