Save changes to textboxes bound to Dataview?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jasmith@bigriver.net

    #1

    Save changes to textboxes bound to Dataview?

    I can't seem to get this to work! Basically, I have filterd a dataview
    and have bound the text boxes on my form to the dataview:

    dvEqDetails.Tab le = dsUpdateEq.Tabl es("tblControlD ata")
    dvEqDetails.Row Filter = "txtControlNumb er = '" &
    Me.txtControlDi splay.Text & "'"
    Me.txtLoc.Text = dvEqDetails(0)( 1) '<-- Row 1,
    Col 2
    Me.txtManufactu rer.Text = dvEqDetails(0)( 3)

    The form populates the textboxes with the filtered values from the
    dataview just fine. Now, the users edits the changes to the filtered
    record and then clicks the save button to save the changes:

    daUpdateEq.Upda te(dsUpdateEq, "tblControlData ")
    MessageBox.Show ("Update complete.", conAppTitle)

    When I check the actual values in the database, they are not changed.
    How can I save the changes to the database after the user edits the
    original populated values in the dataview?

    Am I going about this in the wrong way?

    Thanks,

    Jason

  • jasmith@bigriver.net

    #2
    Re: Save changes to textboxes bound to Dataview?

    Got it. I was able to do it by using the command objects parameter
    collection instead of using the dataview.

    Comment

    Working...