DataGrid, WebForm , Enter Key and Submit !?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Newbie

    #1

    DataGrid, WebForm , Enter Key and Submit !?!?!?!

    Hi Everyone,

    ASP.NET 1.x

    I have a problemette !

    I have a datagrid on my web form. When the user hits the enter key whilst
    any editable field on the form including those in the datagrid itself, it
    triggers a submit back to the server.

    A the least, I want to disable this and at best, I want to know if I can
    trap the enter key for the currently being edited row on the datagrid to
    force and update event of that line.

    Can anyone help ?





  • Chris

    #2
    Re: DataGrid, WebForm , Enter Key and Submit !?!?!?!

    Newbie wrote:[color=blue]
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > ASP.NET 1.x
    >
    > I have a problemette !
    >
    > I have a datagrid on my web form. When the user hits the enter key whilst
    > any editable field on the form including those in the datagrid itself, it
    > triggers a submit back to the server.
    >
    > A the least, I want to disable this and at best, I want to know if I can
    > trap the enter key for the currently being edited row on the datagrid to
    > force and update event of that line.
    >
    > Can anyone help ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >[/color]

    You can trap the key, you have to use javascript to do this though.
    Search around the web to find many example of doing this.

    Chris

    Comment

    • Tina Reusch

      #3
      Re:DataGrid, WebForm , Enter Key and Submit !?!?!?!

      I was wondering if you ever received or determined an answer to this. I am
      in EXACTLY the same position right now and can't figure out a solution.

      Hopefully this will reach you!

      Thanks!
      Tina

      Comment

      Working...