Access Database problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Willie

    #1

    Access Database problem

    Greeings all,
    I am unable to complete adding a Data Adapter to my application in VB .net.
    1) I drag the adapter on to the form,
    2) I select 'New Connection,' connect to the database table using Jet 4.0,
    then test connection....t o this point I am good.
    3) Next Page, I use SQL Statements
    4) I use the Query Builder, select the table I need, then click next...
    5) Then I get the following error message:

    The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the data adapter
    "OleDbDataAdapt er1"
    IErrorInfo.GetD escription failed with E_FAIL(0x800040 05).

    Does anyone recognize this problem? It's probably something silly that I'm
    doing wrong. I have tried to follow several different methods of connecting
    using tutorials but always get to this point with this same message.


  • Roger Rabbit

    #2
    Re: Access Database problem

    Whats the name of the table you are trying to connect too? Have you used a
    keyword for the table name?
    Can you connect to another table or have you just banged your head against
    this one repeatedly?

    RR

    "Willie" <seedling0345@b ellsouth.net> wrote in message
    news:ZF80f.5699 $ff7.2304@bigne ws4.bellsouth.n et...[color=blue]
    > Greeings all,
    > I am unable to complete adding a Data Adapter to my application in VB[/color]
    ..net.[color=blue]
    > 1) I drag the adapter on to the form,
    > 2) I select 'New Connection,' connect to the database table using Jet[/color]
    4.0,[color=blue]
    > then test connection....t o this point I am good.
    > 3) Next Page, I use SQL Statements
    > 4) I use the Query Builder, select the table I need, then click next...
    > 5) Then I get the following error message:
    >
    > The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the data[/color]
    adapter[color=blue]
    > "OleDbDataAdapt er1"
    > IErrorInfo.GetD escription failed with E_FAIL(0x800040 05).
    >
    > Does anyone recognize this problem? It's probably something silly that[/color]
    I'm[color=blue]
    > doing wrong. I have tried to follow several different methods of[/color]
    connecting[color=blue]
    > using tutorials but always get to this point with this same message.
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Willie

      #3
      Re: Access Database problem

      Thanks for responding.
      I was trying to connect to my tblCode and yes, banged my head repeatedly
      with it. I just tried connecting to another table in the db called Category
      and it went through fine. Hmmmm.

      Do you think it may be the table name? Or maybe something is corrupt in
      that table?

      "Roger Rabbit" <roger@rabbit.c om> wrote in message
      news:udaA3SByFH A.1028@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > Whats the name of the table you are trying to connect too? Have you used a
      > keyword for the table name?
      > Can you connect to another table or have you just banged your head against
      > this one repeatedly?
      >
      > RR
      >
      > "Willie" <seedling0345@b ellsouth.net> wrote in message
      > news:ZF80f.5699 $ff7.2304@bigne ws4.bellsouth.n et...[color=green]
      >> Greeings all,
      >> I am unable to complete adding a Data Adapter to my application in VB[/color]
      > .net.[color=green]
      >> 1) I drag the adapter on to the form,
      >> 2) I select 'New Connection,' connect to the database table using Jet[/color]
      > 4.0,[color=green]
      >> then test connection....t o this point I am good.
      >> 3) Next Page, I use SQL Statements
      >> 4) I use the Query Builder, select the table I need, then click next...
      >> 5) Then I get the following error message:
      >>
      >> The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the data[/color]
      > adapter[color=green]
      >> "OleDbDataAdapt er1"
      >> IErrorInfo.GetD escription failed with E_FAIL(0x800040 05).
      >>
      >> Does anyone recognize this problem? It's probably something silly that[/color]
      > I'm[color=green]
      >> doing wrong. I have tried to follow several different methods of[/color]
      > connecting[color=green]
      >> using tutorials but always get to this point with this same message.
      >>
      >>[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Roger Rabbit

        #4
        Re: Access Database problem

        No tblCode is not an Access/Jet/Sql Keyword but the fact that its fine with
        another table says (more than likely) that its table specific and therefore
        you needn't have tried the several different methods of connecting.

        Next step would be to look at column names in the table schema. Are any of
        those keywords?

        RR

        "Willie" <seedling0345@b ellsouth.net> wrote in message
        news:T0m0f.132$ ZY2.106@bignews 6.bellsouth.net ...[color=blue]
        > Thanks for responding.
        > I was trying to connect to my tblCode and yes, banged my head repeatedly
        > with it. I just tried connecting to another table in the db called[/color]
        Category[color=blue]
        > and it went through fine. Hmmmm.
        >
        > Do you think it may be the table name? Or maybe something is corrupt in
        > that table?
        >
        > "Roger Rabbit" <roger@rabbit.c om> wrote in message
        > news:udaA3SByFH A.1028@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=green]
        > > Whats the name of the table you are trying to connect too? Have you used[/color][/color]
        a[color=blue][color=green]
        > > keyword for the table name?
        > > Can you connect to another table or have you just banged your head[/color][/color]
        against[color=blue][color=green]
        > > this one repeatedly?
        > >
        > > RR
        > >
        > > "Willie" <seedling0345@b ellsouth.net> wrote in message
        > > news:ZF80f.5699 $ff7.2304@bigne ws4.bellsouth.n et...[color=darkred]
        > >> Greeings all,
        > >> I am unable to complete adding a Data Adapter to my application in VB[/color]
        > > .net.[color=darkred]
        > >> 1) I drag the adapter on to the form,
        > >> 2) I select 'New Connection,' connect to the database table using Jet[/color]
        > > 4.0,[color=darkred]
        > >> then test connection....t o this point I am good.
        > >> 3) Next Page, I use SQL Statements
        > >> 4) I use the Query Builder, select the table I need, then click[/color][/color][/color]
        next...[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > >> 5) Then I get the following error message:
        > >>
        > >> The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the data[/color]
        > > adapter[color=darkred]
        > >> "OleDbDataAdapt er1"
        > >> IErrorInfo.GetD escription failed with E_FAIL(0x800040 05).
        > >>
        > >> Does anyone recognize this problem? It's probably something silly that[/color]
        > > I'm[color=darkred]
        > >> doing wrong. I have tried to follow several different methods of[/color]
        > > connecting[color=darkred]
        > >> using tutorials but always get to this point with this same message.
        > >>
        > >>[/color]
        > >
        > >[/color]
        >
        >[/color]


        Comment

        Working...