Logon Error using Crystal Reports in VS.net Web App

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hugh O

    #1

    Logon Error using Crystal Reports in VS.net Web App

    Hi,
    I have been trying to load a Crystal Report newly created via VS.Net 2003.
    I am using a simply ASP form with only the Crystal Report Viewer. The
    sample report results display in the WebForm1.aspx, when I have set the
    databinding Report Source property set at design time.

    I get the following error message when I try to run the report.
    CrystalDecision s.CrystalReport s.Engine.LogOnE xception: Logon failed.

    In searching Google, in several instances it advised to set the properties
    via code instead of at design. This is the suggested code that I placed in
    the PageLoad. I am using a dataset created via a SQLAdapter dragged from
    the Toolbox. Within Crystal, I tried using the Project dataset and the
    Connection Dataset. I even tried a new ODBC connection to the server.
    Dim oRpt As CrystalReport3

    oRpt = New CrystalReport3

    'oRpt.SetDataba seLogon("user", "password")

    'oRpt.SetDataba seLogon("user", "password","ser ver","database" )

    CrystalReportVi ewer1.ReportSou rce = oRpt

    Me.SqlDataAdapt er1.Fill(Me.Dat aSet11)

    CrystalReportVi ewer1.DataBind( )

    Since most of the discussion on Google centered around the logon info, I
    have tried with and without setting login and using different syntax. I
    still end up with the same error message.

    Once again the Google discussion says that Crystal does not use Windows
    Authentication that allows permission to ASPNET users. I am not overjoyed
    about have my password in the code, but right now I would be happy getting
    any Crystal report executing.

    Are there any suggestions or corrections. One comment said that the user
    and password were the SQL user and password found in the Config file. But
    since my app is set up to use ASPNET as permissible users, there is nothing
    in the Config file.

    By the way, how do I verify what my SQL UserID and Password are? I have
    just set up this environment recently, it is possible that I am using the
    wrong combination.

    thanks,
    hugh



  • Peter Huang [MSFT]

    #2
    RE: Logon Error using Crystal Reports in VS.net Web App

    Hi Hugh,

    Since Crystal report as a third party product issue is supported by
    Business Objects.

    I suggest you post in the crystal report forum for further response.
    Here is the Forum you may have a try.



    Crystal Reports Samples


    Best regards,


    Peter Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support


    Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    Comment

    • Hugh O

      #3
      Re: Logon Error using Crystal Reports in VS.net Web App

      Peter,
      Thanks a great deal. I had a feeling that it did not quite belong with VB
      but I did not know where. It did not seem to be an SQL Server question.

      It helps to learn the different and correct avenues. These newsgroups are a
      great help. I am making real progress with this app of mine.

      thanks again,
      hugh
      ""Peter Huang" [MSFT]" <v-phuang@online.m icrosoft.com> wrote in message
      news:magHtVWxFH A.3032@TK2MSFTN GXA01.phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
      > Hi Hugh,
      >
      > Since Crystal report as a third party product issue is supported by
      > Business Objects.
      >
      > I suggest you post in the crystal report forum for further response.
      > Here is the Forum you may have a try.
      > http://support.businessobjects.com/f...?fid=251&sk=5&
      > http://support.businessobjects.com/
      >
      > Crystal Reports Samples
      > http://support.businessobjects.com/fix/samplescr.asp
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      >
      > Peter Huang
      > Microsoft Online Partner Support
      >
      >
      > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
      > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
      > rights.
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Peter Huang [MSFT]

        #4
        Re: Logon Error using Crystal Reports in VS.net Web App

        Hi

        You are welcomed!
        If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.

        Best regards,

        Peter Huang
        Microsoft Online Partner Support

        Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
        This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

        Comment

        Working...