ActiveX Issue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dan

    #1

    ActiveX Issue

    Good Day,

    I am having some issues in using a VB6 ActiveX control in a .NET project.
    The ActiveX control is failing on the following line of code

    If TypeOf UserControl.Ext ender.Parent Is IControlInterfa ce

    IControlInterfa ce is defined in a VB6 ActiveX dll. It was imported into the
    ..NET project and the form hosting the control does implement it.

    I can't seem to figure out how to solve this. I have been searchin the web
    and trying everything I could think of with no luck. The only thing I have
    stubled upon that may shed some light is a comment in a post that stated that
    the "Extender" does not work for non VB containers. I assume that a VB.NET
    container would still be a non VB container.

    Any information anyone can share would be appreciated. Right now I am just
    beating my head against my desk.

    Thanks!

    Dan
  • Chris Dunaway

    #2
    Re: ActiveX Issue

    Dan wrote:[color=blue]
    > The ActiveX control is failing on the following line of code
    >
    > If TypeOf UserControl.Ext ender.Parent Is IControlInterfa ce
    >[/color]

    When you say it "is failing" , what do you mean? Is there an
    exception? Is it locking up? What?

    Comment

    • Dan

      #3
      Re: ActiveX Issue

      Chris,

      Thanks for your response.

      By failing I mean that the statement in question evaluates to false. In
      other words, the ActiveX control can't see the fact that it's parent
      Implements the IControlInterfa ce.

      Dan

      "Chris Dunaway" wrote:
      [color=blue]
      > Dan wrote:[color=green]
      > > The ActiveX control is failing on the following line of code
      > >
      > > If TypeOf UserControl.Ext ender.Parent Is IControlInterfa ce
      > >[/color]
      >
      > When you say it "is failing" , what do you mean? Is there an
      > exception? Is it locking up? What?
      >
      >[/color]

      Comment

      • Manu

        #4
        RE: ActiveX Issue

        I'm also facing the same issue...any solutions for this???

        From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/38_2...iveX-Issue.htm

        Posted via DevelopmentNow. com Groups
        DevelopmentNow is an award-winning creative software development agency integrating mobile, web, hardware, mixed reality, and emerging technology.

        Comment

        Working...