How big can a class be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Manuel

    #1

    How big can a class be?

    I have a program to generate almost all of my DB code but as I add tables
    and relationships the class file it generates is starting to get really big;
    10k lines with just a few tables and I haven't added their relationships
    yet, this includes the autogenerated comments.

    Now the question is, how big can a class file be?


  • ng

    #2
    Re: How big can a class be?

    Theoretically, a class file can be as big as your computer memory can
    handle. Realistically, this doesn't make sense because it will hog up
    all your computer's resources. I had a potentially similar situation
    and instead broke it down into other classes that are around only for a
    short time each, with the main controlling class instantiating them and
    controlling them, then discarding them. That way, when the tasks are
    done, I only have this one controlling class still loaded.

    Tom

    Manuel wrote:
    [color=blue]
    >I have a program to generate almost all of my DB code but as I add tables
    >and relationships the class file it generates is starting to get really big;
    >10k lines with just a few tables and I haven't added their relationships
    >yet, this includes the autogenerated comments.
    >
    >Now the question is, how big can a class file be?
    >
    >
    >
    >[/color]

    Comment

    Working...