Hide process in task monitor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Adrian

    #1

    Hide process in task monitor

    Hide process in task monitor is this possible?

    I have a service that I don't want users to be able to kill so can I hide
    the process?

    thanks


  • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

    #2
    Re: Hide process in task monitor

    Adrian,

    This looks as hacking or making spyware, do you real want us to give help
    for that. Even if it is not your intention, than it is to find easy by
    searching this newsgroup. Not such a good idea in my opinion.

    On a NT type computers the users can run it under another (administrator)
    account.

    Cor


    Comment

    • Adrian

      #3
      Re: Hide process in task monitor

      I can see why you think it is Hacking or spyware, but it is not!

      You can see from my other posts I have developed an application that sync
      its time with an atomic clock and then checks if the hour is later then a
      preset time if so it shuts the computer down. Although this is no full proof
      it is working quite well but the first thing someone done was to Ctr-alt-del
      to bring up the task list and kill my process!

      So if I can't hide it can I intercept the kill?

      currently I have the recovery option set that seems to be helping but for
      how long!?

      Thanks


      "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
      news:OhrHCAWoFH A.3036@TK2MSFTN GP14.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > Adrian,
      >
      > This looks as hacking or making spyware, do you real want us to give help
      > for that. Even if it is not your intention, than it is to find easy by
      > searching this newsgroup. Not such a good idea in my opinion.
      >
      > On a NT type computers the users can run it under another (administrator)
      > account.
      >
      > Cor
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

        #4
        Re: Hide process in task monitor

        Adrian,

        I told you that I was not expecting you was using it for spyware or hacking,
        than you would not give your email addres. However this newsgroups are easy
        to search on Google, and therefore it would be not wise to give it you
        openly here in the newsgroup (I dont have the answer however before others
        give it to you)

        If somebody has a solution I suggest they mail it to you.

        On the other hand I gave the idea to use the administrator account to
        install the service.

        Cor


        Comment

        Working...