Manipulating records from dataset

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jean Christophe Avard

    #1

    Manipulating records from dataset

    Hi! I am designing an application, and I need some pointers. I have a
    database that has 5 tables: a table "Items" and 4 other table that has
    relationship to "Item". I have to retreive all the records, and browse
    through it. I know how to populate a dataset with all the records, but what
    I need to know is How to browse through the record and display them in
    textboxes on a form.

    Let's say I have a form with 5 textboxes. When the form load, I setup a
    connection, a dataadapter and a dataset. I am able to display the first row
    returned, but when it comes to displaying the next records, I dont know
    how.... I have 4 buttons to broswse: "FIRST", "PREVIOUS", "NEXT", "LAST" and
    I don't know how to be able to access the dataset in the buitton event....
    how do I have to declare the dataset and everything....

    I know it would be something like
    file.lblLatin.T ext =
    dstPlant.Tables ("tblplant").Ro ws(actual_row+1 )("latin_name") .ToString

    but I dont know what to do to be able to access the dataset... do I have to
    setup another dataset in each of the four buttons I use to browse... Do I
    have to use a function?? Please I need help, I've been working on this for
    more than a week and I can't firgure it out.... Thank you! Help is REALLY
    appreciated!!!! !!



    Jean Christophe Avard


  • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

    #2
    Re: Manipulating records from dataset

    Jean,

    I saw we had not a sample on our website for this, and I had it not complete
    some where else, so I made one,

    Can you try it.



    I hope this helps,

    Cor


    Comment

    Working...