Hi everyone
I have a system running on a 2 server environment. One server has the internal database (SQL SERVER 2000 with an MSAccess front end on the clients) and is not open to the internet. The other is just a web server, runs IIS6 and can communicate with SQL Server on the other box only - no direct access to files or anything else due to firewalls.
I needed a system, whereby files (images docs pdfs etc) could be made available to people on the website running off the web box. I have created a system that uses SQL Server's textcopy.exe to copy files to a temporary table in SQL Server and then stream them down to the website using ASP - they are then deleted from the temp table.
It works perfectly on certain files and others of a similar size and type crash the whole system - to get it running again I have to recyle the application pool in IIS.
I tried running the textcopy stored procedure from Query analyser and it just sits there saying "executing query batch" (longest I have left it is about 1 hour). If I then cancel the execution, after a short time it says the connection was broken!
It always fails on the same files and is always successful on other files. I can post some code but not sure which bits to post - Anyone got any ideas?
Many Thanks
Snavebelac
I have a system running on a 2 server environment. One server has the internal database (SQL SERVER 2000 with an MSAccess front end on the clients) and is not open to the internet. The other is just a web server, runs IIS6 and can communicate with SQL Server on the other box only - no direct access to files or anything else due to firewalls.
I needed a system, whereby files (images docs pdfs etc) could be made available to people on the website running off the web box. I have created a system that uses SQL Server's textcopy.exe to copy files to a temporary table in SQL Server and then stream them down to the website using ASP - they are then deleted from the temp table.
It works perfectly on certain files and others of a similar size and type crash the whole system - to get it running again I have to recyle the application pool in IIS.
I tried running the textcopy stored procedure from Query analyser and it just sits there saying "executing query batch" (longest I have left it is about 1 hour). If I then cancel the execution, after a short time it says the connection was broken!
It always fails on the same files and is always successful on other files. I can post some code but not sure which bits to post - Anyone got any ideas?
Many Thanks
Snavebelac
Comment