Hello everyone,
I am trying to make a small GUI with TKinter for python. One widget is an option menu with a large number of items (+50). My code works but shows a large option list with as many items as fit on the screen when I click on the option menu. I'd like that it shows me only a few items (e.g. 5) and allow the user to scroll up and down.
Thanks in advance for your help
The following code can be used for testing:
I am trying to make a small GUI with TKinter for python. One widget is an option menu with a large number of items (+50). My code works but shows a large option list with as many items as fit on the screen when I click on the option menu. I'd like that it shows me only a few items (e.g. 5) and allow the user to scroll up and down.
Thanks in advance for your help
The following code can be used for testing:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
from Tkinter import *
class App(object):
def __init__(self,parent):
fSize = 10
self.f = Frame(parent,width=fSize,height=fSize)
self.f.pack(padx=15,pady=15)
self.Options = ["Todos", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10", "11", "12", "13", "14", "15", "16", "17", "18", "19", "20", "21", "22", "23", "24", "25", "26", "27", "28", "29", "30", "31", "32", "33", "34", "35", "36", "37", "38", "39", "40", "41", "42", "43", "44", "45", "46", "47", "48", "49", "50", "51", "52", "53", "54", "55", "56"]
self.textInfo1 = StringVar(self.f)
self.textInfo1.set(self.Options[0])
self.labelInfo1 = apply(OptionMenu, (self.f , self.textInfo1) + tuple(self.Options))
self.labelInfo1.pack(side=TOP)
root = Tk()
root.title('Title')
app = App(root)
root.mainloop()
Comment