Using PEFile to replace Images in PE EXE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GeoffreyF67

    #1

    Using PEFile to replace Images in PE EXE

    I am trying to script some image changes for multiple EXE files in
    linux.

    The problem I'm running across is that I haven't been able to find
    anything out there that can do this...until now.

    It *looks* like pefile (available at google code) would do the trick.

    Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about python.

    Any ideas/hints/tips appreciated.

    Thanks,

    G-Man
  • Tim Roberts

    #2
    Re: Using PEFile to replace Images in PE EXE

    GeoffreyF67 <GMan67@pduck.c omwrote:
    >
    >I am trying to script some image changes for multiple EXE files in
    >linux.
    >
    >The problem I'm running across is that I haven't been able to find
    >anything out there that can do this...until now.
    >
    >It *looks* like pefile (available at google code) would do the trick.
    It would if Linux executables were PE files. They aren't. The usual Linux
    executable format is called ELF.

    What do you think you are going to do to these executable files? I can
    think of darned few legitimate reasons to modify an executable.
    --
    Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

    Comment

    Working...