Question about Python

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sukatoa
    Contributor
    • Nov 2007
    • 539

    #1

    Question about Python

    I would like get inspired in Python...

    When i will compare Java and Python?

    What are the similarities?
    What are also their difference?
    What are the disadvantages?

    Is Python for Desktop App? or Web App? or both?

    Can Python communicate with Java?

    Can everyone state some Complete applications made by Python?

    A Java programmer,
    Sukatoa....
    Last edited by sukatoa; Feb 25 '08, 10:05 AM. Reason: Some changes
  • jlm699
    Contributor
    • Jul 2007
    • 314

    #2
    Originally posted by sukatoa
    Is Python for Desktop App? or Web App? or both?

    Can Python communicate with Java?
    I'm not experienced with Java, but I have heard of something called Jython, however I'm not quite sure what that is.... I just know it has something to do with a combination of Java and Python.
    I've used Python extensively to build distributable desktop applications using the wxPython package, which is incredibly well documented and easy to use.

    Try googling both of those packages and seeing for yourself what kinds of things can be done with them!

    Comment

    • Arnold Schuur
      New Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 36

      #3
      Check this link:

      Comment

      Working...