Tkinter and Persistent GUI

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nebulism
    New Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 31

    #1

    Tkinter and Persistent GUI

    Hey everyone,

    I have a decent amount of experience programming in Python and using Tkinter to this point including the usage of many different widgets and events. I have the need to create a GUI now with a persistent environment (as in it looks like a regular windows program with the x, box, and _ in the upper right hand corner. I then will have to create a file drop down menu and so on.

    My question is are there any examples so I do not have to reinvent the wheel so to speak? I have looked around online but have been unsuccessful. If not I guess I will start out with the top level frame and work from there.

    Thanks,
    JP
  • bartonc
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Sep 2006
    • 6478

    #2
    Originally posted by Nebulism
    Hey everyone,

    I have a decent amount of experience programming in Python and using Tkinter to this point including the usage of many different widgets and events. I have the need to create a GUI now with a persistent environment (as in it looks like a regular windows program with the x, box, and _ in the upper right hand corner. I then will have to create a file drop down menu and so on.

    My question is are there any examples so I do not have to reinvent the wheel so to speak? I have looked around online but have been unsuccessful. If not I guess I will start out with the top level frame and work from there.

    Thanks,
    JP
    I've built a complete app in Tkinter. That was some time ago. I could post some of that work, but I'd like a clearer picture of what you are looking for. (By the way, I don't recommend using Tkinter for full apps because there are so many missing widgets - combo box, for example - and so little support.)

    So, what do you mean by "persistent environment"? Do you need to use the Windows registry?, etc?

    Comment

    Working...