pytz giving incorrect offset and timezone

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sanjay

    #1

    pytz giving incorrect offset and timezone

    Hi All,

    I am facing some strange problem in pytz.

    The timezone "Asia/Calcutta" is actually IST, which is GMT + 5:30. But
    while using pytz, it is being recognized as HMT (GMT + 5:53). While I
    digged into the oslan database, I see the following:

    # Zone NAME GMTOFF RULES FORMAT [UNTIL]
    Zone Asia/Calcutta 5:53:28 - LMT 1880 # Kolkata
    5:53:20 - HMT 1941 Oct # Howrah Mean Time?
    6:30 - BURT 1942 May 15 # Burma Time
    5:30 - IST 1942 Sep
    5:30 1:00 IST 1945 Oct 15
    5:30 - IST

    A similar problem is also posted at

    without any responnses.

    Unable to know how to proceed. Needing help. Tried posting in
    launchpad and mailed to Stuart, but yet to get any response.

    thanks
    Sanjay

Working...