appending file

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kuo

    #1

    appending file

    Hi,
    I'm trying to read a file (fileA) and append to another file(fileB).
    However, I always get "^M" at the end. Does anyone know why ? Here is my
    code ?

    os.system("../syn/pin_assign.pl customer_netlis t.txt")
    shutil.copy("../fileB", "fileB")
    ucf = open("fileB", "a")
    pin = open("fileA", "r")
    ucf.write(pin.r ead())
    ucf.close;
    pin.close;
    sys.exit(0);

    Here is what I get.

    # FPGA CLOCK^M
    NET "SYSCLK_A" loc = N16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
    NET "SYSCLK_AN" loc = M16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M


    Note that if I don't do "ucf.write(pin. read())", everything is ok.

    Thanks for any help.
  • Bruno Desthuilliers

    #2
    Re: appending file

    Kuo a écrit :
    Hi,
    I'm trying to read a file (fileA) and append to another file(fileB).
    However, I always get "^M" at the end. Does anyone know why ? Here is my
    code ?
    >
    os.system("../syn/pin_assign.pl customer_netlis t.txt")
    shutil.copy("../fileB", "fileB")
    ucf = open("fileB", "a")
    pin = open("fileA", "r")
    ucf.write(pin.r ead())
    ucf.close;
    pin.close;
    sys.exit(0);
    >
    Here is what I get.
    >
    # FPGA CLOCK^M
    NET "SYSCLK_A" loc = N16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
    NET "SYSCLK_AN" loc = M16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
    >
    Looks like a problem with newline format. Googling for "universal
    newline" may be a good start.

    Comment

    • Thomas Jollans

      #3
      Re: appending file

      On Friday 29 June 2007, Kuo wrote:
      Hi,
      I'm trying to read a file (fileA) and append to another file(fileB).
      However, I always get "^M" at the end. Does anyone know why ? Here is my
      code ?
      I can't help you on your problem, but
      ucf.close;
      pin.close;
      these statements don't do anything. You'll want

      ucf.close()
      pin.close()
      sys.exit(0);
      >
      Here is what I get.
      >
      # FPGA CLOCK^M
      NET "SYSCLK_A" loc = N16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
      NET "SYSCLK_AN" loc = M16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
      >
      >
      Note that if I don't do "ucf.write(pin. read())", everything is ok.
      >
      Thanks for any help.


      --
      Regards, Thomas Jollans
      GPG key: 0xF421434B may be found on various keyservers, eg pgp.mit.edu
      Hacker key <http://hackerkey.com/>:
      v4sw6+8Yhw4/5ln3pr5Ock2ma2u 7Lw2Nl7Di2e2t3/4TMb6HOPTen5/6g5OPa1XsMr9p-7/-6

      -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
      Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

      iD8DBQBGhW7TJpi nDvQhQ0sRAteYAJ 4mL/r41f6YzLlOcjUNQ HkZGzpbtgCfZ6+7
      wXmCdnqtL0UR5gE 4FNUddWk=
      =Skye
      -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Comment

      • Falcolas

        #4
        Re: appending file

        On Jun 29, 1:04 pm, Kuo <chinchia....@s bcglobal.comwro te:
        # FPGA CLOCK^M
        NET "SYSCLK_A" loc = N16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
        NET "SYSCLK_AN" loc = M16 | TNM_NET = SYSCLK_A;^M
        I see those bloody ^M's anytime I have to deal with a DOS file (since
        it's the carrage return \r character). Is 'pin' a DOS generated file?
        If you want to deal with a file which contains them, look for and get
        rid of the \r character.

        Comment

        Working...