OSError[Error 5]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SamG

    #1

    OSError[Error 5]

    Hi,

    I do this on PowerPC..
    >>import os
    >>os.listdir( '/usr/bin')
    And endup getting this ...

    OSError: [Error 5] Input/output error:/usr/bin

    I use python 2.4.4 (Framework edition)

    Could anybody help

    PS: I have clean listing with python 2.3.5 but my requirement is for
    python 2.4.4.

    Thanx in advance.

  • Miki

    #2
    Re: OSError[Error 5]

    Hello SamG,
    I do this on PowerPC..
    >
    >import os
    >os.listdir('/usr/bin')
    >
    And endup getting this ...
    >
    OSError: [Error 5] Input/output error:/usr/bin
    What happens when you run "ls /usr/bin" in the terminal?

    HTH,
    --
    Miki <miki.tebeka@gm ail.com>
    If it won't be simple, it simply won't be. [Hire me, source code]


    Comment

    • kaens

      #3
      Re: OSError[Error 5]

      Try adding a trailing slash?

      On 22 May 2007 03:52:23 -0700, SamG <mad.vijay@gmai l.comwrote:
      Hi,
      >
      I do this on PowerPC..
      >
      >import os
      >os.listdir('/usr/bin')
      >
      And endup getting this ...
      >
      OSError: [Error 5] Input/output error:/usr/bin
      >
      I use python 2.4.4 (Framework edition)
      >
      Could anybody help
      >
      PS: I have clean listing with python 2.3.5 but my requirement is for
      python 2.4.4.
      >
      Thanx in advance.
      >
      --

      >

      Comment

      • SamG

        #4
        Re: OSError[Error 5]

        On May 23, 1:39 am, Miki <miki.teb...@gm ail.comwrote:
        Hello SamG,
        >
        I do this on PowerPC..
        >
        >>import os
        >>os.listdir( '/usr/bin')
        >
        And endup getting this ...
        >
        OSError: [Error 5] Input/output error:/usr/bin
        >
        What happens when you run "ls /usr/bin" in the terminal?
        >
        HTH,
        --
        Miki <miki.teb...@gm ail.com>http://pythonwise.blogspot.com

        I get a perfect listing of /usr/bin folder.

        Comment

        Working...