Read from Windows Address Book (.wab file format) ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?utf-8?B?6Km55YWJ6ICA?=

    #1

    Read from Windows Address Book (.wab file format) ?

    Hi all!

    I wonder if there's any Python module that could read from .wab file.
    I googled but found nothing useful. Any idea? Thanks :)

    Rio

  • rynt

    #2
    Re: Read from Windows Address Book (.wab file format) ?

    On May 12, 11:30 am, 詹光耀 <yaogz...@gmail .comwrote:
    Hi all!
    >
    I wonder if there's any Python module that could read from .wab file.
    I googled but found nothing useful. Any idea? Thanks :)
    >
    Rio
    Hi Rio,

    Don't know if there's a python module for this, but this link,

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms629361.aspx

    defines the MS API for the address book, so you could roll your own.

    If all you need is to read the data though, you could export the
    address data into a CSV file (Python DOES have a module for this) or
    VCard format. IIRC, someone on this newsgroup was talking about VCard
    just the other day.

    HTH

    rynt


    Comment

    • =?utf-8?B?6Km55YWJ6ICA?=

      #3
      Re: Read from Windows Address Book (.wab file format) ?

      On May 13, 3:57 am, rynt <rynt...@gmail. comwrote:
      On May 12, 11:30 am, 詹光耀 <yaogz...@gmail .comwrote:
      >
      Hi all!
      >
      I wonder if there's any Python module that could read from .wab file.
      I googled but found nothing useful. Any idea? Thanks :)
      >
      Rio
      >
      Hi Rio,
      >
      Don't know if there's a python module for this, but this link,
      >
      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms629361.aspx
      >
      defines the MS API for the address book, so you could roll your own.
      >
      If all you need is to read the data though, you could export the
      address data into a CSV file (Python DOES have a module for this) or
      VCard format. IIRC, someone on this newsgroup was talking about VCard
      just the other day.
      >
      HTH
      >
      rynt
      Hi Rynt,

      Thanks for your help :) I looked the MSDN page but it seemed that at
      least I need Windows to use its DLL, while unfortunately I'm on Linux.
      I need to read (and later write) .wab from other Win users.

      CSV is fine, and that's how I am doing it right now. The problem is I
      cannot automate the process of exporting .wab to .csv on Linux. Also,
      I lose all the identity-property mapping in .wab since .csv is really
      a flat 2D table.

      Any other suggesions? :)


      Rio

      Comment

      Working...