GIS Shape file upload to FTP server

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ahmed, Shakir

    #1

    GIS Shape file upload to FTP server

    HI Group,

    As I am very new in python field so this question might be very silly to
    you but if I get any help is highly appreciated.

    Problem:

    I wrote a python script which is working fine to upload files to the ftp
    server but the problem is it is reducing the actual size after
    transferring. I need to upload a GIS Shape file to the ftp server but
    want to keep the same size and format. Any idea or help is highly
    appreciated.


    Thanks

    Shakir
    Staff Geographer
    Sfwmd.gov

    The code is as follows:

    =============== =============== =====
    # Import system modules



    import os
    import sys
    import win32com.client
    import zipfile
    import os.path
    import ftplib
    from ftplib import FTP


    ftp=ftplib.FTP( "ftp.sfwmd.gov" ,"","")
    ftp.login('sahm ed','sa1lf1sh')
    #ftp.cwd("/export/pub/sahmed")
    ffile = open('c:/test/wuppnt.shp', 'r')

    ftp.storbinary( "STOR wuppnt.shp", ffile)
    ffile.close()

    print "OK"
    ftp.quit()
Working...