Choices: scipy, matplot ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dug

    #1

    Choices: scipy, matplot ...

    Hi,

    I would like to do some real time signal processing with a graphical
    display and I would like your advice as to what I should use. I would
    like to be able to view the results and to change parameters of some
    signal processing in 'real time'. Data is coming quite slowly in every
    1-5 seconds and will consist of (x,y,t).


    I have been thinking about SciPy or matplot, but am not restricting
    myself to these (or even Python).

    Thank you for any advice,

    Douglas

  • sturlamolden

    #2
    Re: Choices: scipy, matplot ...

    On Feb 19, 11:34 am, "dug" <m...@yahoo.co. ukwrote:
    I would like to do some real time signal processing with a graphical
    display and I would like your advice as to what I should use. I would
    like to be able to view the results and to change parameters of some
    signal processing in 'real time'. Data is coming quite slowly in every
    1-5 seconds and will consist of (x,y,t).
    >
    I have been thinking about SciPy or matplot, but am not restricting
    myself to these (or even Python).
    You will need:

    - Python 25
    - NumPy
    - SciPy (possibly)
    - Matplotlib (for graphing)
    - PyGTK or wxPython (for the rest of the GUI)

    Finally you need something to make Python talk to your hardware. Pick
    one of the following, dependent on your need and skills:

    - ctypes
    - pyrex
    - inlined C with scipy.weave
    - autogenerated wrappers with swig
    - hand-written Python extension in C
    - hand-written Python extension in C++ (CXX or Boost.Python)





    Comment

    Working...