distutils: different names in src and dist/build

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Anastasios Hatzis

    #1

    distutils: different names in src and dist/build

    Hi,

    is it possible to have different names between the original package name
    and that which will be installed?

    Example:

    setup.py
    src/
    sdk/
    __init__.py
    startme.py

    This usually creates a distribution file like sdk-0.6.2.tar.gz, which
    may create

    site-packages/
    sdk/

    But I would like to have a MySDK-0.6.2.tar.gz and in

    site-packages/
    MySDK/

    Of course with-out changing the original src package name "sdk" to
    "MySDK" (which likely would be the easiest way, hum).

    Any suggestion or link how I can achieve this?

    Many thanks,
    Anastasios
  • Richard Jones

    #2
    Re: distutils: different names in src and dist/build

    Anastasios Hatzis wrote:
    is it possible to have different names between the original package name
    and that which will be installed?
    [snip]
    Of course with-out changing the original src package name "sdk" to
    "MySDK" (which likely would be the easiest way, hum).
    >
    Any suggestion or link how I can achieve this?
    Two setup files?


    Richard

    Comment

    Working...