Adding a directory to the Python System Path - Edit the registry?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • redefined.horizons@gmail.com

    #1

    Adding a directory to the Python System Path - Edit the registry?

    I have been trying to find a way to add a directory to Python's sytem
    path on my MS Windows XP computer. I did some searching online, but the
    only solution I found involved editing the MS Windows Registry. That
    seemed a little to hard core. Is there another easier way to do this?

    Thanks,

    Scott Huey

  • Martin P. Hellwig

    #2
    Re: Adding a directory to the Python System Path - Edit the registry?

    redefined.horiz ons@gmail.com wrote:
    I have been trying to find a way to add a directory to Python's sytem
    path on my MS Windows XP computer. I did some searching online, but the
    only solution I found involved editing the MS Windows Registry. That
    seemed a little to hard core. Is there another easier way to do this?
    >
    Thanks,
    >
    Scott Huey
    >
    Take a look at:


    Specifically 6.1.1 and 6.2, perhaps that might answer your question.

    Cheers

    --
    mph

    Comment

    • redefined.horizons@gmail.com

      #3
      Re: Adding a directory to the Python System Path - Edit the registry?

      Thanks Martin.

      I'll take a look at the documentation you pointed out.

      Scott

      Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
      redefined.horiz ons@gmail.com wrote:
      I have been trying to find a way to add a directory to Python's sytem
      path on my MS Windows XP computer. I did some searching online, but the
      only solution I found involved editing the MS Windows Registry. That
      seemed a little to hard core. Is there another easier way to do this?

      Thanks,

      Scott Huey
      >
      Take a look at:

      >
      Specifically 6.1.1 and 6.2, perhaps that might answer your question.
      >
      Cheers
      >
      --
      mph

      Comment

      • rweth

        #4
        Re: Adding a directory to the Python System Path - Edit the registry?

        redefined.horiz ons@gmail.com wrote:
        Thanks Martin.
        >
        I'll take a look at the documentation you pointed out.
        >
        Scott
        >
        Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
        >redefined.horiz ons@gmail.com wrote:
        >>I have been trying to find a way to add a directory to Python's sytem
        >>path on my MS Windows XP computer. I did some searching online, but the
        >>only solution I found involved editing the MS Windows Registry. That
        >>seemed a little to hard core. Is there another easier way to do this?
        >>>
        >>Thanks,
        >>>
        >>Scott Huey
        >>>
        >Take a look at:
        >http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html
        >>
        >Specifically 6.1.1 and 6.2, perhaps that might answer your question.
        >>
        >Cheers
        >>
        >--
        >mph
        >
        There is a file you can use to extend your system path on my windows box
        it is here:
        C:\Python24\Lib \site-packages\packag e.pth

        Inside the package.pth I have added:
        C:\\QA\\bin
        I think I needed to do this in linux as well (and it worked).
        Find your installation path to ../Lib/site-packages and if that file
        does not exist create it and add your paths in their own lines no
        separators needed.




        Comment

        Working...