Tkinter & systray

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • billie

    #1

    Tkinter & systray

    Hi all. I'd like to develop a GUI-based application the most portable
    as possible, able to run in systray.
    I think that, for portability reasons, Tkinter could be the best
    choice, so I tried to google a little bit about it.
    According to this :

    ....it seems that it's impossible (or better, it WAS impossible in
    September 2002) handling this case by using Tkinter.
    Four years later is there a way to make this happen?

    Thanks in advance.

  • hg

    #2
    Re: Tkinter & systray

    billie wrote:
    Hi all. I'd like to develop a GUI-based application the most portable
    as possible, able to run in systray.
    I think that, for portability reasons, Tkinter could be the best
    choice, so I tried to google a little bit about it.
    According to this :

    ...it seems that it's impossible (or better, it WAS impossible in
    September 2002) handling this case by using Tkinter.
    Four years later is there a way to make this happen?
    >
    Thanks in advance.
    >
    I know wxPython does that and I assume PyQT also does.

    I do not think Tkinter is more portable than the above two anymore ...
    just easier to install since built-in.

    hg

    Comment

    Working...