Open Source Charting Tool

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • A.M

    #1

    Open Source Charting Tool

    Hi,



    I developed a HTML reporting tool that renders Oracle data to HTML and
    Oracle.



    At this point I have to add charts (3d bars and pie charts) to this
    application. I don't think that I have to do it from scratch.



    Is there any open source charting tool that help me create charts in JPG or
    gif format?



    Thanks,

    Alan


  • Larry Bates

    #2
    Re: Open Source Charting Tool

    ReportLab Graphics can do 2D and pie charts, but I don't think it does
    3D charts yet.




    Larry Bates

    A.M wrote:[color=blue]
    > Hi,
    >
    >
    >
    > I developed a HTML reporting tool that renders Oracle data to HTML and
    > Oracle.
    >
    >
    >
    > At this point I have to add charts (3d bars and pie charts) to this
    > application. I don't think that I have to do it from scratch.
    >
    >
    >
    > Is there any open source charting tool that help me create charts in JPG or
    > gif format?
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alan
    >
    >[/color]

    Comment

    • Felipe Almeida Lessa

      #3
      Re: Open Source Charting Tool

      Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 15:42 -0500, Larry Bates escreveu:[color=blue]
      > ReportLab Graphics can do 2D and pie charts, but I don't think it does
      > 3D charts yet.
      >
      > www.reporlab.org[/color]

      It does, but I'm not sure if the PNG backend is as good as the PDF one.

      --
      Felipe.

      Comment

      • A.M

        #4
        Re: Open Source Charting Tool

        Hi Larry,



        I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found http://www.reportlab.com/
        which has a commercial charting product. Is that what you referring to?



        Thanks,

        Alan



        "Larry Bates" <larry.bates@we bsafe.com> wrote in message
        news:Z9-dnSpDpb1TPx3ZRV n-iA@comcast.com. ..[color=blue]
        > ReportLab Graphics can do 2D and pie charts, but I don't think it does
        > 3D charts yet.
        >
        > www.reporlab.org
        >
        >
        > Larry Bates
        >
        > A.M wrote:[color=green]
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> I developed a HTML reporting tool that renders Oracle data to HTML and
        >> Oracle.
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> At this point I have to add charts (3d bars and pie charts) to this
        >> application. I don't think that I have to do it from scratch.
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> Is there any open source charting tool that help me create charts in JPG
        >> or
        >> gif format?
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> Alan
        >>
        >>[/color][/color]


        Comment

        • Felipe Almeida Lessa

          #5
          Re: Open Source Charting Tool

          Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:[color=blue]
          > I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found http://www.reportlab.com/
          > which has a commercial charting product. Is that what you referring to?[/color]

          ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
          developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
          work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
          problems right now.

          --
          Felipe.

          Comment

          • Scott David Daniels

            #6
            Re: Open Source Charting Tool

            Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:[color=blue]
            > Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:[color=green]
            >> I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found http://www.reportlab.com/
            >> which has a commercial charting product. Is that what you referring to?[/color]
            >
            > ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
            > developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
            > work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
            > problems right now.
            >[/color]
            Or, you could look for:

            ------------------------^

            --Scott David Daniels
            scott.daniels@a cm.org

            Comment

            • Tim Churches

              #7
              Re: Open Source Charting Tool

              A.M wrote:[color=blue]
              > I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found http://www.reportlab.com/
              > which has a commercial charting product. Is that what you referring to?[/color]

              Typo in the URL. Try http://www.reportlab.org

              You should also have a look at http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

              Tim C

              Comment

              • Larry Bates

                #8
                Re: Open Source Charting Tool

                Ouch. I had a typo.

                -Larry

                Scott David Daniels wrote:[color=blue]
                > Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:[color=green]
                >> Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:[color=darkred]
                >>> I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found
                >>> http://www.reportlab.com/ which has a commercial charting product.
                >>> Is that what you referring to?[/color]
                >>
                >> ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
                >> developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
                >> work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
                >> problems right now.[/color]
                > Or, you could look for:
                > http://www.reportlab.org/
                > ------------------------^
                >
                > --Scott David Daniels
                > scott.daniels@a cm.org[/color]

                Comment

                • Piet van Oostrum

                  #9
                  Re: Open Source Charting Tool

                  >>>>> Felipe Almeida Lessa <felipe.lessa@g mail.com> (FAL) wrote:
                  [color=blue]
                  >FAL> Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:[color=green][color=darkred]
                  >>> I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found http://www.reportlab.com/
                  >>> which has a commercial charting product. Is that what you referring to?[/color][/color][/color]
                  [color=blue]
                  >FAL> ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
                  >FAL> developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
                  >FAL> work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
                  >FAL> problems right now.[/color]

                  No, but it should really be www.reportlab.org (with the *t*).
                  --
                  Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.n l>
                  URL: http://www.cs.uu.nl/~piet [PGP 8DAE142BE17999C 4]
                  Private email: piet@vanoostrum .org

                  Comment

                  • Harry George

                    #10
                    Re: Open Source Charting Tool

                    "A.M" <alanalan@newsg roup.nospam> writes:
                    [color=blue]
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > I developed a HTML reporting tool that renders Oracle data to HTML and
                    > Oracle.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > At this point I have to add charts (3d bars and pie charts) to this
                    > application. I don't think that I have to do it from scratch.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Is there any open source charting tool that help me create charts in JPG or
                    > gif format?
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Alan
                    >
                    >[/color]

                    See pygdchart


                    --
                    Harry George
                    PLM Engineering Architecture

                    Comment

                    • Bryan

                      #11
                      Re: Open Source Charting Tool

                      Harry George wrote:[color=blue]
                      > See pygdchart
                      > http://www.nullcube.com/software/pygdchart.html
                      >[/color]

                      this looks pretty nice. i don't see in the docs if and how it can be integrated
                      with other gui toolkits such wxpython. :(

                      bryan

                      Comment

                      Working...