Send email notification

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ernesto

    #1

    Send email notification

    Is there a special module for mail ?

    I'd like to send an email [to 'n' unique email addresses] from a python
    script.

    Thanks !

  • Laszlo Zsolt Nagy

    #2
    Re: Send email notification

    Ernesto wrote:
    [color=blue]
    >Is there a special module for mail ?
    >
    >I'd like to send an email [to 'n' unique email addresses] from a python
    >script.
    >
    >[/color]
    Just Fucking Google It! Search Page -- politely* tell people to Google things first


    Comment

    • Ernesto

      #3
      Re: Send email notification

      I guess that was jerk-off version of:

      "smtplib"

      Thanks a lot.

      Comment

      • Larry Bates

        #4
        Re: Send email notification

        Ernesto wrote:[color=blue]
        > Is there a special module for mail ?
        >
        > I'd like to send an email [to 'n' unique email addresses] from a python
        > script.
        >
        > Thanks !
        >[/color]
        This class makes what you want to do extremely easy.



        -Larry Bates

        Comment

        • rtilley

          #5
          Re: Send email notification

          Ernesto wrote:[color=blue]
          > Is there a special module for mail ?
          >
          > I'd like to send an email [to 'n' unique email addresses] from a python
          > script.[/color]

          from email.MIMEText import MIMEText
          import email.Utils
          import smtplib

          # 'users' is a list of email addys.
          for u in users:
          try:
          print "Sending email to ... ", u
          f = "FROM_NAME<FROM _EMAIL_ADDY@YOU R_DOMAIN.com>"
          t = u

          msg = MIMEText("""MES SAGE BODY OF EMAIL""")

          msg["Subject"] = "MESSAGE SUBJECT"
          msg["Message-id"] = email.Utils.mak e_msgid()
          msg["From"] = f
          msg["To"] = t

          h = "YOUR.SMTP.SERV ER"
          s = smtplib.SMTP(h)
          s.sendmail(f, t, msg.as_string() )
          s.quit()
          except Exception, e:
          print e

          Comment

          • Steve Holden

            #6
            Re: Send email notification

            Ernesto wrote:[color=blue]
            > I guess that was jerk-off version of:
            >
            > "smtplib"
            >
            > Thanks a lot.
            >[/color]
            Well, it gave you the information you wanted, right? (Except that it
            might have mentioned the "email" package, which would help you
            formulating the messages as well.

            But that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and at least you
            aren't dead :-)

            Hang around here long and you'll see a bunch of people waiting on
            replies to questions Google could have given them far quicker. If we
            weren't paid thousands of dollars a week to answer questions on this
            list we'd probably get snarky more often.

            regards
            Steve
            --
            Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
            Holden Web LLC/Ltd www.holdenweb.com
            Love me, love my blog holdenweb.blogs pot.com

            Comment

            • Laurent Pointal

              #7
              Re: Send email notification

              Ernesto a écrit :[color=blue]
              > Is there a special module for mail ?
              >
              > I'd like to send an email [to 'n' unique email addresses] from a python
              > script.[/color]

              If you want all adressee to be the only one visible in to: field, you
              must send n emails.

              For such a purpose, see iMailer module here:



              Else, see other posts.

              A+

              Laurent.

              Comment

              • Grant Edwards

                #8
                Re: Send email notification

                On 2006-03-08, Steve Holden <steve@holdenwe b.com> wrote:
                [color=blue]
                > Hang around here long and you'll see a bunch of people waiting
                > on replies to questions Google could have given them far
                > quicker. If we weren't paid thousands of dollars a week to
                > answer questions on this list we'd probably get snarky more
                > often.[/color]

                That reminds me: I haven't seen last weeks check yet. I trust
                it will arrive soon...

                --
                Grant Edwards grante Yow! I feel like I am
                at sharing a "CORN-DOG" with
                visi.com NIKITA KHRUSCHEV...

                Comment

                • Christos Georgiou

                  #9
                  Re: Send email notification

                  On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:20:42 +0000, rumours say that Steve Holden
                  <steve@holdenwe b.com> might have written:
                  [color=blue]
                  > If we
                  >weren't paid thousands of dollars a week to answer questions on this
                  >list we'd probably get snarky more often.[/color]

                  Steve, please, don't make me look like a liar in front of the children!
                  --
                  TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
                  "Dear Paul,
                  please stop spamming us."
                  The Corinthians

                  Comment

                  • Peter Hansen

                    #10
                    Re: Send email notification

                    Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:[color=blue]
                    > On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:20:42 +0000, Steve Holden <steve@holdenwe b.com>
                    > declaimed the following in comp.lang.pytho n:
                    >[color=green]
                    >>Hang around here long and you'll see a bunch of people waiting on
                    >>replies to questions Google could have given them far quicker. If we
                    >>weren't paid thousands of dollars a week to answer questions on this
                    >>list we'd probably get snarky more often.[/color]
                    >
                    > What! Why didn't anyone tell me where to submit my timecard?[/color]

                    It's by the *byte*, Dennis. How did you think Alex managed all that
                    time off real work to write a book on Python (like anyone buys those)?

                    ;-)

                    -Peter

                    Comment

                    Working...