good library for pdf

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Enrique Palomo Jiménez

    #1

    good library for pdf

    Hi all,

    I want to take an existing pdf and add it a non-opaque watermark.
    I have tried it in postscript but postscript hava an opaque imaging model.
    Pdf allows it. I can do it with acrobat 6.0, but i need to add the watermark in batch mode or inside an application.

    I've found lowagie library for java.

    Anyone knows if there is something similar for python??

    must i begin to learn java??

    Regards
  • Rob Cowie

    #2
    Re: good library for pdf

    Take a look at www.reportlab.org. The ReportLab library includes a
    graphics module that might well do what you need. I'm not sure at
    present if it allows one to set alpha-channels to achieve transparency.

    Also, if you have access to a mac running OS X 10.4, the Automator
    application has a prebuilt action that applies a watermark to pdfs.
    Transparency, size and placement are all editable. Obviously, no use if
    you want to do this with Python, but it might suit your needs.

    Rob C

    Comment

    • Robin Becker

      #3
      Re: good library for pdf

      Rob Cowie wrote:[color=blue]
      > Take a look at www.reportlab.org. The ReportLab library includes a
      > graphics module that might well do what you need. I'm not sure at
      > present if it allows one to set alpha-channels to achieve transparency.
      >[/color]

      ReportLab allows one to set a transparent image colour mask which is equivalent
      to transparency. I believe this isn't yet implemented for jpeg. You can also use
      an auto mask to get the transparency info from those image formats which support it.
      [color=blue]
      > Also, if you have access to a mac running OS X 10.4, the Automator
      > application has a prebuilt action that applies a watermark to pdfs.
      > Transparency, size and placement are all editable. Obviously, no use if
      > you want to do this with Python, but it might suit your needs.
      >
      > Rob C
      >[/color]


      --
      Robin Becker

      Comment

      Working...