Reinstall python 2.3 on OSX 10.3.5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • moa@extrapolation.com

    #1

    Reinstall python 2.3 on OSX 10.3.5?

    Hi there

    I started a very long and roundabout process of attempting to install
    python 2.3.4 along side my apple-installed 2.3 system. To make a long
    story short, I have completely confabulated my environment ( i deleted
    the 2.3 binaries and so forth from the system in an attempt to start
    things fresh), and now I cannot figure out how to reinstall the base
    2.3 Apple python distribution.
    Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

    best -Nick

  • Robert Kern

    #2
    Re: Reinstall python 2.3 on OSX 10.3.5?

    moa@extrapolati on.com wrote:[color=blue]
    > Hi there
    >
    > I started a very long and roundabout process of attempting to install
    > python 2.3.4 along side my apple-installed 2.3 system. To make a long
    > story short, I have completely confabulated my environment ( i deleted
    > the 2.3 binaries and so forth from the system in an attempt to start
    > things fresh), and now I cannot figure out how to reinstall the base
    > 2.3 Apple python distribution.
    > Can somebody please point me in the right direction?[/color]

    Borrow Guido's time machine and prevent your former self from doing
    that. OS X depends on it's python being there untouched. They also have
    compiled stuff that does not exist in the standard Python distribution.

    Back up your data and reinstall the OS.

    --
    Robert Kern
    rkern@ucsd.edu

    "In the fields of hell where the grass grows high
    Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
    -- Richard Harter

    Comment

    • moa@extrapolation.com

      #3
      Re: Reinstall python 2.3 on OSX 10.3.5?

      keerist. I suspected as much. so much for my happy Mac feeling to date.

      Comment

      Working...