How run valgrind on Python C extensions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • seberino@spawar.navy.mil

    #1

    How run valgrind on Python C extensions?

    I have Python C extensions that are giving me seg faults that I'd
    like to run valgrind on.

    Can I use valgrind on these through python?? HOW???

    Is it easy or must I do some work like recompiling python source
    with the -g extension?

    Thanks!

    Chris

  • System Administrator

    #2
    Re: How run valgrind on Python C extensions?


    Chris> I have Python C extensions that are giving me seg faults that I'd
    Chris> like to run valgrind on.

    Chris> Can I use valgrind on these through python?? HOW???

    Just run Python under valgrind's control. It will automatically take care
    of it for you.

    Chris> Is it easy or must I do some work like recompiling python source
    Chris> with the -g extension?

    Should not be necessary.

    Skip

    Comment

    Working...