problem to compile a win32 module with Python2.4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vincent delft

    #1

    problem to compile a win32 module with Python2.4

    I've a module written in C and the associated setup.py.
    Work fine (and compile fine with mvc) with Python 2.3.x

    Now I've installed Python 2.4 (all the rest unchanged)
    When I try to compile it, I've got a message saying that .NET SDK must be
    installed. ????

    Am I the only one having this problem (not found by looking for in Google) ?
    Is this link to Python 2.4 or my own config ?

    Thanks.

  • Fredrik Lundh

    #2
    Re: problem to compile a win32 module with Python2.4

    "vincent delft" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > I've a module written in C and the associated setup.py.
    > Work fine (and compile fine with mvc) with Python 2.3.x
    >
    > Now I've installed Python 2.4 (all the rest unchanged)
    > When I try to compile it, I've got a message saying that .NET SDK must be
    > installed. ????[/color]

    the message means what it says.
    [color=blue]
    > Am I the only one having this problem (not found by looking for in Google) ?[/color]

    Python NET SDK returns over 200,000 hits, and another 1660 hits in google
    groups; I didn't look at them all, but most of the hits on the first few pages are
    related to this issue.

    (googling for relevant parts of the exact error message can also be helpful...)
    [color=blue]
    > Is this link to Python 2.4 or my own config ?[/color]

    to build extensions to Python, you need to use a compiler compatible with
    the compiler used to build the Python core. as of Python 2.4, the core team
    has switched from MSVC 6.0 to MSVC 7.1 (aka Visual Studio .NET 2003).
    if you don't have the commercial version, you can use the free Microsoft Visual
    C++ Toolkit:




    or MinGW:



    </F>



    Comment

    Working...