problems buildin python interface to fuse

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JiggaHertz

    #1

    problems buildin python interface to fuse

    I'm trying to build the python interface to fuse and this is my first
    time using python. I'm getting the following errors

    [jh@localhost ~/build/fuse-python]# python setup.py build
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "setup.py", line 16, in ?
    py_modules=["fuse"],
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/core.py", line 149, in setup
    dist.run_comman ds()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 907, in run_commands
    self.run_comman d(cmd)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 927, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/command/build.py", line 107, in run
    self.run_comman d(cmd_name)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/cmd.py", line 333, in run_command
    self.distributi on.run_command( command)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 927, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 244,
    in run
    customize_compi ler(self.compil er)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/sysconfig.py", line 159, in
    customize_compi ler
    cpp = cc + " -E" # not always
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'



    I was originally receiving the following error...

    [jh@localhost ~/build/fuse-python]# python setup.py build
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
    /usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

    but I solved this by simply copying the included makefile to the
    python2.3/config directory...

    Thanks,
    JiggaHertz
Working...