Autoindent error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ruchika

    #1

    Autoindent error

    Hi,

    I started writing Python scripts just today and seem to almost always
    get the "Autoindent error". Can anyone tell me what this problem is?
    Am I not doing something right? Do we need to follow some indentation
    guidelines when wrting Python scripts?

    Thanks for your help.

    Ruchika
  • Aaron Bingham

    #2
    Re: Autoindent error

    Hi Ruchika,

    Welcome to Python!

    Ruchika wrote:
    [color=blue]
    >I started writing Python scripts just today and seem to almost always
    >get the "Autoindent error".
    >[/color]
    I suspect you mean IndentationErro r?

    Before you continue struggling with very fundamental Python issues,
    please take the time at least to work through the Python Tutorial
    (http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html). Or get yourself a good
    introductory Python book (e.g. Learning Python, Second Edition
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596002815/).

    If you take some time to read
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm, it will also save you
    and everyone else some time.

    Regards,

    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aaron Bingham
    Application Developer
    Cenix BioScience GmbH
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comment

    Working...