python mysql and xml

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • john

    #1

    python mysql and xml

    Hi
    I have my data stored in mysql database and now I want to store them as XML.
    Are there any tools or library available for this?
    Thanks.
  • Piet

    #2
    Re: python mysql and xml

    mailtome2004200 32002@yahoo.com (john) wrote in message news:<4c900ea0. 0409062109.391d 04de@posting.go ogle.com>...[color=blue]
    > Hi
    > I have my data stored in mysql database and now I want to store them as XML.
    > Are there any tools or library available for this?
    > Thanks.[/color]
    Hi there,
    that´s a feature already built in mySQL (AFAIK).
    However, since both the structure of a mySQL database and of an XML
    file can be quite variable, when you want to have your data in a
    specific XML dialect I suggest that you write your own mySQL->XML
    conversion tool. Should be possible in less than 100 lines.
    BW
    Piet

    Comment

    • john

      #3
      Re: python mysql and xml

      pit.grinja@gmx. de (Piet) wrote in message news:<39cbe663. 0409070159.28b7 7755@posting.go ogle.com>...[color=blue]
      > mailtome2004200 32002@yahoo.com (john) wrote in message news:<4c900ea0. 0409062109.391d 04de@posting.go ogle.com>...[color=green]
      > > Hi
      > > I have my data stored in mysql database and now I want to store them as XML.
      > > Are there any tools or library available for this?
      > > Thanks.[/color]
      > Hi there,
      > that´s a feature already built in mySQL (AFAIK).
      > However, since both the structure of a mySQL database and of an XML
      > file can be quite variable, when you want to have your data in a
      > specific XML dialect I suggest that you write your own mySQL->XML
      > conversion tool. Should be possible in less than 100 lines.
      > BW
      > Piet[/color]

      Hi
      I want to select only selected data from mysql database.

      Comment

      • Piet

        #4
        Re: python mysql and xml

        >[color=blue]
        > Hi
        > I want to select only selected data from mysql database.[/color]
        This can be achieved by combining two modules: the MySQL Module for
        python and PyXML for generating the XML output. It is not a big issue
        to achieve the desired transformation when you know the basics of
        these two modules. Have you already had a look at these modules or are
        you familiar with MySQL statements and XML in general? If so, It will
        not be a problem to give you some hints. If the basics are missing,
        then things can be a little more difficult because you apparently need
        a somewhat general solution.
        Peter

        Comment

        Working...