Issues with pyperl: perl2.so not found

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cameron Beattie

    #1

    Issues with pyperl: perl2.so not found

    I am attempting to install pyperl and am having an issue where it can't find
    perl2.so. I think this is one of those ones where it's looking under the
    stairs for something which is actually in the laundry under a pile of dirty
    clothes.

    cd /tmp/pyperl*
    cd Python-Object; perl Makefile.PL; make install
    cd ..
    python setup.py install
    python test.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "apply.py", line 1, in ?
    import perl
    ImportError: perl2.so not found

    echo $PATH
    /usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

    find -name perl2.so
    ../usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/perl2.so

    whereis python
    python: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python2.4 /usr/lib/python2.4
    /usr/lib/python2.3 /usr/include/python2.4 /usr/share/man/man1/python.1.gz

    whereis perl
    perl: /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/man/man1/perl.1.gz

    python -V
    Python 2.4.1

    perl -v
    This is perl, v5.8.6 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

    Obviously I've done something wrong and any clues to point me or the system
    in the right direction would be appreciated.

    Regards

    Cameron

Working...