helpviewer and a wxpython application crash

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • klaus.roedel@vipco.de

    #1

    helpviewer and a wxpython application crash

    Hi @all,

    I've implement a python application with boa constructor and wx.python.
    Now I wanted to add a help to my application. I found the helpviewer,
    where it is very easy to open a helpbook. So I've create an helpbook
    with boa constructor and then I open the book with the helpviewer.
    That's all no problem. It works fine, but when I open the helpbook in
    my application, I have a problem when I exit it. There MS Windows Error
    Report dialog box is open, this means my application crashes, when I
    close it. If I don't open the helpbook in my application, it shutdown
    correctly.
    Why did it crash, when I open the helpbook in it?
    I'm using python v2.4.1, wx.python v2.6.1.0 and boa constructor v0.4.4
    on windows XP.
    thanks for any help.

    greets Klaus

  • accolades

    #2
    Re: helpviewer and a wxpython application crash

    I haven't run into your situation, or tested the concept, but my first
    guess would be that the helpbook is throwing an exception of some sort.
    You might try turning on the debugging options, or try using the
    command line interpreter to launch the helpbook. When you close it, you
    should be able to see what exception is being thrown (or what other
    error might be cropping up) and handle it appropriately in your code...

    Not sure if that helps, but I hope so :)
    Tim

    Comment

    Working...