Help installing Python 2.3 on Win2K

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • D.S. Hein

    #1

    Help installing Python 2.3 on Win2K

    I have installed python 2.3 on my Windows 2K laptop and I can run python
    from the command prompt.

    I have tried various ways to set PYTHONPATH with the various directories
    where I have python programs (i.e. xxxxxx.py) but no matter how I set
    PYTHONPATH I keep getting a message that python can't open the python
    file. If I try to specify the full pathname by typing: python
    c:\Documents and Settings\-rest of path- I get an error message that
    python can't open c:\Documents.

    The ways I have set PYTHONPATH are by directly changing the registry
    entry for Python 2.3, by setting the environment variable by
    right-clicking on My Computer and by adding set PYTHONPATH=-various
    pathnames-.

    I'd be grateful for any guidance on how to organize my system.
  • mensanator@aol.com

    #2
    Re: Help installing Python 2.3 on Win2K


    D.S. Hein wrote:[color=blue]
    > I have installed python 2.3 on my Windows 2K laptop and I can run python
    > from the command prompt.
    >
    > I have tried various ways to set PYTHONPATH with the various directories
    > where I have python programs (i.e. xxxxxx.py) but no matter how I set
    > PYTHONPATH I keep getting a message that python can't open the python
    > file. If I try to specify the full pathname by typing: python
    > c:\Documents and Settings\-rest of path- I get an error message that
    > python can't open c:\Documents.[/color]

    Put the path inside quotation marks just as you would any other
    command.

    C:\>dir C:\documents and settings\a*
    The system cannot find the file specified.

    C:\>dir "C:\documen ts and settings\a*"
    Volume in drive C is XXXXPXXABA
    Volume Serial Number is 90C0-740E

    Directory of C:\documents and settings

    07/16/2001 08:40a <DIR> Administrator
    07/29/2005 08:20a <DIR> All Users
    0 File(s) 0 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 772,973,568 bytes free
    [color=blue]
    >
    > The ways I have set PYTHONPATH are by directly changing the registry
    > entry for Python 2.3, by setting the environment variable by
    > right-clicking on My Computer and by adding set PYTHONPATH=-various
    > pathnames-.
    >
    > I'd be grateful for any guidance on how to organize my system.[/color]

    Comment

    Working...