py2exe 0.6.1 released

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Thomas Heller

    #16
    Re: py2exe 0.6.1 released

    "Giovanni Bajo" <noway@sorry.co m> writes:
    [color=blue]
    > Thomas Heller wrote:
    >[color=green][color=darkred]
    >>> I tried it using the wx singlefile example, but unfortunately the
    >>> resulting executable segfaults at startup (using Python 2.3.3 on
    >>> Windows 2000, with latest wxWindows).[/color]
    >>
    >> Yes, I can reproduce that. I'm still using wxPython 2.4.2.4 for
    >> Python
    >> 2.3.5, and that combo works. I have done a few tests, and wxPython
    >> 2.5.1.5 also works, while 2.5.5.1 crashes.[/color]
    >
    > Ah that's fine, then. I thought it was one of those "only in my computer" kind
    > of issue :)
    >[color=green][color=darkred]
    >>> How can I debug it?[/color]
    >>
    >> I'll assume that's a serious question.[/color]
    >
    > Of course it was, I'm not sure why you should doubt it. I was just trying to
    > being helpful to you, thinking that it could have been hard to reproduce.
    > Luckily, you can look into it yourself.[/color]

    I wasn't offended ;-). Debugging the bundled executables is difficult -
    because the source file debug info is lost (or at least MSVC isn't able
    to access it). So you end up steppiung through the disassembly.
    [color=blue][color=green]
    >> I've done all this, and it seems it is crashing when trying to import
    >> _gdi.pyd. Next would be to debug through _memimported.py d, but I
    >> don't have a debug build of wxPython.[/color]
    >
    > OK. Do you believe that _memimported.py d can eventually converge to something
    > stable? Emulating LoadLibrary for all versions of Windows is not an easy task
    > after all. Wine might provide some insights.[/color]

    Currently there's no platform specific code in this emulation. But I
    have to admit I don't use win98 any more.
    I hope that _memimporter.py d eventually becomes stable, the new 0.6.2
    release contains some important fixes.

    For the original problem: the code to load extensions contained in
    packages was buggy. With 0.6.2 the wxPython singlefile sample at least
    works wit wxPython 2.4.2.4 + python 2.3.5, and wxPython 2.6.1.0 + Python
    2.4.1.

    Thomas

    Comment

    • Thomas Heller

      #17
      Re: py2exe 0.6.1 released

      bokr@oz.net (Bengt Richter) writes:
      [color=blue]
      > If you have a place in the program where output should never happen
      > except when you would want a console window to see it in, you can
      > call AllocConsole [1] safely even in multiple such places, just before
      > the printing, and the first such call will create the console and hook
      > up stdout and stderr ready to print. Subsequent calls to AllocConsole
      > are effectively ignored, so all the output goes to the same console
      > no matter which code section executed first. IMO this should be
      > built into at least the windows wpython to trigger at the first
      > attempt at stdout or stderr output. There could be an option to
      > override that default and thus ignore stdout/stderr output, but I
      > think it would be a useful default. Plus it would tell people early
      > that they had usesless prints going in their wpython programs.
      >[/color]

      IMO that would be a nice addition to pythonw.exe, but I have no time to
      care about this myself. For py2exe, I'm still unsure how debugging
      output from a frozen gui program should be handled.

      Thomas

      Comment

      • Chris Lambacher

        #18
        Re: py2exe 0.6.1 released

        I am also getting this. In my case I think it is related to win32com.shell
        since when building I get the following error:
        error: C:\work\...\bui ld\bdist.win32\ winexe\collect-2.4\win32com.sh ell\shell.pyd: No such file or directory

        .... is a place holder for a very long path.

        The problem is fixed by creating the directory win32com.shell which is
        probably the wrong solution and causing the Unexpectedly terminated error.
        It would appear that the win32com.shell hack
        (http://starship.python.net/crew/thel...n.cgi/WinShell) does not work in
        single file executable mode.

        -Chris

        On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 08:50:54AM -0700, cmkl wrote:[color=blue]
        > Hi,
        >
        > I didnt succeed to bundle vpython-3.2.3 with py2exe-0.6.1 - regardless
        > if its build as single file or not:
        >
        > "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
        > unusual way" and so on...
        >
        > This error message seems not generated by py2exe. At least I could not
        > find a reference to it in the sources of py2exe.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Carl
        >
        > --
        > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list[/color]

        Comment

        Working...