Windows 32 service problem (ImportError)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Laszlo Zsolt Nagy

    #1

    Windows 32 service problem (ImportError)


    Hi All!

    I have a running service (a small web server) implemented in python,
    running as a win32 service. I wrote another program that is very similar
    to the web server but I cannot start the service. From the event log, I
    can read this traceback:

    -------------
    Python could not import the service's module
    File "T:\Python\Proj ects\NamedConne ctor\Service.py ", line 17, in ?
    from Processor import *
    File "c:\Python\Proj ects\NamedConne ctor\Processor. py", line 35, in ?
    from mess import MessageSocket
    File "T:\Python\Lib\ mess\MessageSoc ket.py", line 31, in ?
    import zlib
    exceptions.Impo rtError: dynamic module does not define init function
    (initzlib)
    -------------

    Facts:

    1. I'm using the same module (MessageSocket) for my web server
    2. The web server runs fine as a service

    Where is the problem? Please help.

    Les

  • Martin v. Löwis

    #2
    Re: Windows 32 service problem (ImportError)

    Laszlo Zsolt Nagy wrote:[color=blue]
    > exceptions.Impo rtError: dynamic module does not define init function
    > (initzlib)
    > -------------
    >
    > Where is the problem? Please help.[/color]

    My guess is that you have a zlib.dll somewhere, which gets used before
    zlib.pyd.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Comment

    Working...