lower/upper support and cyrillic

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pginfo

    #1

    lower/upper support and cyrillic

    Hi ,

    I tesetd the lower/upper support and cyrillic and it looks broken.

    My system:
    pg 7.4.3
    freebsd 5.2.1.

    I created my database with 'UNICODE'.

    Is it my mistake or realy pg do not support correctly lower and upper ?

    I readet also the ToDo and do not find this task.

    reagards,
    ivan.



    ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
    TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

  • Oleg Bartunov

    #2
    Re: lower/upper support and cyrillic

    Ivan,

    you need 8.0, which is in beta3 stage, to have it working.

    Oleg
    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, pginfo wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi ,
    >
    > I tesetd the lower/upper support and cyrillic and it looks broken.
    >
    > My system:
    > pg 7.4.3
    > freebsd 5.2.1.
    >
    > I created my database with 'UNICODE'.
    >
    > Is it my mistake or realy pg do not support correctly lower and upper ?
    >
    > I readet also the ToDo and do not find this task.
    >
    > reagards,
    > ivan.
    >
    >
    >
    > ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
    > TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
    >[/color]

    Regards,
    Oleg
    _______________ _______________ _______________ _______________ _
    Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
    Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
    Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
    phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

    ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
    TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
    subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postg resql.org so that your
    message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

    Comment

    • Alvaro Herrera

      #3
      Re: lower/upper support and cyrillic

      On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 08:00:57AM +0200, pginfo wrote:

      Hi,
      [color=blue]
      > I tesetd the lower/upper support and cyrillic and it looks broken.
      >
      > My system:
      > pg 7.4.3
      > freebsd 5.2.1.
      >
      > I created my database with 'UNICODE'.
      >
      > Is it my mistake or realy pg do not support correctly lower and upper ?[/color]

      This was fixed in 8.0, so yes, you are right that 7.4 does not behave
      correctly.
      [color=blue]
      > I readet also the ToDo and do not find this task.[/color]

      Done tasks were removed from the to-do list few days ago.

      --
      Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
      "Having your biases confirmed independently is how scientific progress is
      made, and hence made our great society what it is today" (Mary Gardiner)


      ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
      TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
      (send "unregister YourEmailAddres sHere" to majordomo@postg resql.org)

      Comment

      • Holger Klawitter

        #4
        Re: lower/upper support and cyrillic

        -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
        Hash: SHA1

        [color=blue]
        > I tesetd the lower/upper support and cyrillic and it looks broken.
        >[...]
        > Is it my mistake or realy pg do not support correctly lower and upper ?[/color]

        Yes, pg 7.x does not support upper/lower in UNICODE.
        This has been fixed in 8.0

        Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards
        Holger Klawitter
        - --
        lists <at> klawitter <dot> de
        -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
        Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

        iD8DBQFBY5Sf1Xd t0HKSwgYRAngzAJ 9K862AAphOirF1+ tyEKMO8HdaXsQCb Byz8
        zTF7OT800efKBWb LmhGZ1I8=
        =nTgO
        -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

        ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
        TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

        Comment

        • pginfo

          #5
          Re: lower/upper support and cyrillic

          Hi Oleg and Alvaro,

          It is great news for me.

          I will test it next week in beta 3 and will waiting for the release.

          regards,
          iavn.

          Alvaro Herrera wrote:
          [color=blue]
          >On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 08:00:57AM +0200, pginfo wrote:
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          >
          >[color=green]
          >>I tesetd the lower/upper support and cyrillic and it looks broken.
          >>
          >>My system:
          >>pg 7.4.3
          >>freebsd 5.2.1.
          >>
          >>I created my database with 'UNICODE'.
          >>
          >>Is it my mistake or realy pg do not support correctly lower and upper ?
          >>
          >>[/color]
          >
          >This was fixed in 8.0, so yes, you are right that 7.4 does not behave
          >correctly.
          >
          >
          >[color=green]
          >>I readet also the ToDo and do not find this task.
          >>
          >>[/color]
          >
          >Done tasks were removed from the to-do list few days ago.
          >
          >
          >[/color]


          Comment

          Working...