renaming sequences

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Matthew Hixson

    #1

    renaming sequences

    I had a bunch of tables that had v_ prepended to their names. I've
    renamed all of the tables so that they don't have that prefix anymore
    so that v_address is now addresses. The name of this table's sequence
    is still v_addresses_add ress_id_seq. This is fine except for the fact
    that I'm using JBoss and it assumes that the table's sequence is
    addresses_addre ss_id_seq. (Why it needs to read the sequence I have no
    idea.) So now, every time I try to save an object JBoss is executing
    sql that is trying to read from a non-existent sequence.
    Can I rename my sequences and change the tables to point to the new
    sequence names or do I have to do something like:

    1) Rename addresses to addresses_temp
    2) Create addresses from scratch so that Postgres creates a sequence
    named addresses_addre ss_id_seq
    3) Select all of the data from addresses_temp into addresses.

    Thanks,
    -M@


    ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
    TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?



Working...