PHP FAQ

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Scott Orsburn

    #1

    PHP FAQ

    I just started looking over this group and was wondering if there is a
    FAQ for it.


    --
    Scott Orsburn
    scott@orsburn.n et

    Kaomso | Information Technology



  • Janwillem Borleffs

    #2
    Re: PHP FAQ

    Scott Orsburn wrote:[color=blue]
    > I just started looking over this group and was wondering if there is a
    > FAQ for it.[/color]

    No, there isn't. And although the PHP website should be sufficient a FAQ
    would be a very good idea.

    A start would be to include <FAQENTRY> tags as is done in the
    comp.lang.javas cript newsgroup, so someone could start collecting data.

    I will start with the first entry:

    <FAQENTRY>Whe re is the comp.lang.php FAQ?</FAQENTRY>


    JW



    Comment

    • Gary L. Burnore

      #3
      Re: PHP FAQ

      On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:25:20 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs"
      <jw@jwscripts.c om> wrote:
      [color=blue]
      >Scott Orsburn wrote:[color=green]
      >> I just started looking over this group and was wondering if there is a
      >> FAQ for it.[/color]
      >
      >No, there isn't. And although the PHP website should be sufficient a FAQ
      >would be a very good idea.
      >
      >A start would be to include <FAQENTRY> tags as is done in the
      >comp.lang.java script newsgroup, so someone could start collecting data.[/color]

      Which explains why a lot of posts appear missing in that group on
      servers that detect and destroy HTML. HTML belongs on the Web, not in
      USENet.[color=blue]
      >
      >I will start with the first entry:
      >
      ><FAQENTRY>Wher e is the comp.lang.php FAQ?</FAQENTRY>[/color]

      Here's a second:
      NO HTML IN USENET.


      --
      gburnore@databa six dot com
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      How you look depends on where you go.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Gary L. Burnore | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³ÝÛº ݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³Ý ÝÛ³
      | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³ÝÛº ݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³Ý ÝÛ³
      DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³ÝÛº ݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³Ý ÝÛ³
      | ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
      Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
      =============== =============== =============== =============== ===============
      Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com
      =============== =============== =============== =============== ===============

      Comment

      • Janwillem Borleffs

        #4
        Re: PHP FAQ

        Gary L. Burnore wrote:[color=blue]
        > Here's a second:
        > NO HTML IN USENET.[/color]

        You don't know the difference between HTML mail and tags in plain text
        messages, don't you?


        JW



        Comment

        • Michael Fesser

          #5
          Re: PHP FAQ

          .oO(Gary L. Burnore)
          [color=blue]
          >On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:25:20 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs"
          ><jw@jwscripts. com> wrote:
          >[color=green]
          >>A start would be to include <FAQENTRY> tags as is done in the
          >>comp.lang.jav ascript newsgroup, so someone could start collecting data.[/color]
          >
          >Which explains why a lot of posts appear missing in that group on
          >servers that detect and destroy HTML. HTML belongs on the Web, not in
          >USENet.[/color]

          The above is no HTML. If a script removes that it is broken.
          [color=blue][color=green]
          >>I will start with the first entry:
          >>
          >><FAQENTRY>Whe re is the comp.lang.php FAQ?</FAQENTRY>[/color]
          >
          >Here's a second:
          >NO HTML IN USENET.[/color]

          <p>This is no HTML, it's plain text.</p>

          <Micha/>

          Comment

          • Tony Reed

            #6
            Re: PHP FAQ

            On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:34:11 +0100
            Michael Fesser <netizen@gmx.ne t> wrote:

            :>Here's a second:
            :>NO HTML IN USENET.
            :
            :<p>This is no HTML, it's plain text.</p>
            :
            :<Micha/>

            Gary is saying that some people filter out anything on Usenet that
            _looks_ like HTML, i.e. is contained in HTML tags, whether those are
            valid parsable HTML tags or not. XML tags look like HTML.

            --
            Tony "the better you look the more you see" Reed
            <trljc@altern.o rg>

            Comment

            • Michael Fesser

              #7
              Re: PHP FAQ

              .oO(Tony Reed)
              [color=blue]
              >Gary is saying that some people filter out anything on Usenet that
              >_looks_ like HTML, i.e. is contained in HTML tags, whether those are
              >valid parsable HTML tags or not. XML tags look like HTML.[/color]

              Sounds pretty stupid to me. If a message contains HTML you can see that
              in the header, anything else is plain text. What about people posting
              code examples or something like that?

              Micha

              Comment

              • Scott Orsburn

                #8
                Re: PHP FAQ

                I will be watching this group and would be willing to start compiling a
                FAQ for it. After a sufficient list is compose I would be willing to
                host it as well.

                More to come.

                --

                Scott Orsburn
                scott@orsburn.n et

                Kaomso | Information Technology



                Comment

                • Scott Orsburn

                  #9
                  Re: PHP FAQ

                  Scott Orsburn wrote:
                  [color=blue]
                  > I just started looking over this group and was wondering if there is a
                  > FAQ for it.[/color]



                  I added a thread called "PHP FAQ Request" to start the FAQ topics and
                  provide a place to gather hints, suggestions, questions et cetera.


                  --
                  Scott Orsburn
                  scottso_no@spam _maclaunch.com

                  Kaomso | Information Technology


                  Comment

                  • Scott Orsburn

                    #10
                    Re: PHP FAQ

                    I will be watching this group and would be willing to start compiling a
                    FAQ for it. After a sufficient list is compose I would be willing to
                    host it as well.

                    More to come.

                    --

                    Scott Orsburn
                    scottso_no@spam _maclaunch.com

                    Kaomso | Information Technology



                    Comment

                    • Fabian

                      #11
                      Re: PHP FAQ

                      Michael Fesser hu kiteb:
                      [color=blue]
                      > .oO(Gary L. Burnore)
                      >[color=green]
                      >> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:25:20 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs"
                      >> <jw@jwscripts.c om> wrote:
                      >>[color=darkred]
                      >>> A start would be to include <FAQENTRY> tags as is done in the
                      >>> comp.lang.javas cript newsgroup, so someone could start collecting
                      >>> data.[/color]
                      >>
                      >> Which explains why a lot of posts appear missing in that group on
                      >> servers that detect and destroy HTML. HTML belongs on the Web, not
                      >> in USENet.[/color]
                      >
                      > The above is no HTML. If a script removes that it is broken.[/color]

                      Extremely badly broken, especially on a group that is intrinsically
                      linked to discussions of html. A javascript forum that filters out html
                      code (specifically code that is intended to be parsed as text) is like
                      an adult chatroom that filters out swearwords.


                      --
                      --
                      Fabian
                      Visit my website often and for long periods!
                      AGAM69 adalah situs resmi terbaik untuk berburu cuan di Wild West Gold, saksikan aksi koboi ganteng yang siap membagikan koin emas serta kemenangan beruntun tanpa batas setiap hari.


                      Comment

                      • Gary L. Burnore

                        #12
                        Re: PHP FAQ

                        On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:32:03 +0900, "Fabian" <lajzar@hotmail .com>
                        wrote:
                        [color=blue]
                        >Michael Fesser hu kiteb:
                        >[color=green]
                        >> .oO(Gary L. Burnore)
                        >>[color=darkred]
                        >>> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:25:20 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs"
                        >>> <jw@jwscripts.c om> wrote:
                        >>>
                        >>>> A start would be to include <FAQENTRY> tags as is done in the
                        >>>> comp.lang.javas cript newsgroup, so someone could start collecting
                        >>>> data.
                        >>>
                        >>> Which explains why a lot of posts appear missing in that group on
                        >>> servers that detect and destroy HTML. HTML belongs on the Web, not
                        >>> in USENet.[/color]
                        >>
                        >> The above is no HTML. If a script removes that it is broken.[/color]
                        >
                        >Extremely badly broken, especially on a group that is intrinsically
                        >linked to discussions of html. A javascript forum that filters out html
                        >code (specifically code that is intended to be parsed as text) is like
                        >an adult chatroom that filters out swearwords.[/color]


                        Heh. That's pretty funny. You'll n9ote that I replied to his pst,
                        which contained the tag. So obviously it wasn't removed. Cleanfeed
                        isn't a broken program and knows the difference between posts that
                        contain html discussions and ones WRITTEN in HTML.


                        --
                        gburnore@databa six dot com
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        How you look depends on where you go.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Gary L. Burnore | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³ÝÛº ݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³Ý ÝÛ³
                        | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³ÝÛº ݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³Ý ÝÛ³
                        DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³ÝÛº ݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³Ý ÝÛ³
                        | ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
                        Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
                        =============== =============== =============== =============== ===============
                        Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com
                        =============== =============== =============== =============== ===============

                        Comment

                        • Scott Orsburn

                          #13
                          Re: PHP FAQ

                          The FAQ I am maintaining has had some updates over the past few weeks
                          for those that might be interested.

                          Since I first started this thread I have found some other places that
                          maintain PHP FAQs as well. Still, I am going to continue this document
                          for those who may find it useful.

                          As always, I am looking for suggestions of questions to include. For
                          instructions on how to submit a request and have it be found read:



                          Thank you.

                          --
                          Scott Orsburn
                          scottso_no@spam _maclaunch.com


                          Comment

                          • R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

                            #14
                            Re: PHP FAQ

                            Scott Orsburn wrote:[color=blue]
                            > The FAQ I am maintaining has had some updates over the past few weeks[/color]
                            [color=blue]
                            > for those that might be interested.
                            >
                            > Since I first started this thread I have found some other places that[/color]
                            [color=blue]
                            > maintain PHP FAQs as well. Still, I am going to continue this[/color]
                            document[color=blue]
                            > for those who may find it useful.
                            >
                            > As always, I am looking for suggestions of questions to include. For[/color]
                            [color=blue]
                            > instructions on how to submit a request and have it be found read:
                            >
                            > http://www.kaomso.com/documents/phpfaq.html#General:4[/color]

                            Hmmm... There was a time when regulars joined to work on a Wiki like
                            FAQ for c.l.php. phpSt.Jochen Daum registered a domain
                            <http://www.clpfaq.org/> and also installed a Wiki for that. But,
                            then--before announcing the Wiki, he became inactive here. I'd thought
                            that I should contact him regarding that, but I myself forgot/failed to
                            contact him. I see, you've also titled it as "Usenet Group FAQ for
                            comp.lang.php"

                            --
                            <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
                            Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/

                            Comment

                            Working...