HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • whileone

    #16
    Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests


    Yes, I know you answer a lot of newbee questions.
    And my observations were not limited to Manuel Lemos, who does have a
    lot to offer.
    Your attacks are well distributed, often having nothing to do with
    spam of any kind. You make this group a tense place just to visit.
    You've been doing it for years. Good luck to the group.
    It will need it.

    Comment

    • Jim Carlock

      #17
      Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

      "Jerry Stuckle" wrote...
      : Sorry, Micha, as much as I respect you, I have to disagree. How many
      : posts has Manuel made which had solutions - other than saying "see this
      : website" - and not telling people it is his?

      You're correct. He should identify it as his code, his website. I do
      hesitate to call it trolling. Of course, I only read one of his posts so
      far. His website looks ok.

      : And no, I haven't looked at every one of his scripts. But I know bad
      : coding when I see it. And there is no reason to inflict such garbage
      : on new PHP programmers who are trying to learn how to do things the
      : [write <mis>] right way. It's at least worth warning them that the
      : coding is lousy.

      The way I look at it, everyone wants to learn. He should encourage folks
      to take a look at "his" code and you should encourage him to produce
      better code. I suggest he put copyright notices on his code, place it in
      the public domain and encourage others to test it and use it and then
      identify any problems. I'm only trying to get the idea across that we,
      you, him, I, and everyone else here to work together and support one
      another. Encouragement produces wonderful benefits.

      I like his website. Good job. I wonder if that code is in the public
      domain?

      If I see bad code, I think along the lines that either he knows something
      I failed to see or perhaps I can provide something better.

      --
      Jim Carlock
      More Than Five Senses

      George Bush And Condoleeza Rice MP3s


      Comment

      • Michael Fesser

        #18
        Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

        ..oO(Jim Carlock)
        >"Jerry Stuckle" wrote...
        >: Sorry, Micha, as much as I respect you, I have to disagree. How many
        >: posts has Manuel made which had solutions - other than saying "see this
        >: website" - and not telling people it is his?
        >
        >You're correct. He should identify it as his code, his website. I do
        >hesitate to call it trolling. Of course, I only read one of his posts so
        >far. His website looks ok.
        It's his site, but not always his code. He maintains the platform, but
        there are many other code contributors as well, like the two who wrote
        the threading classes mentioned here. These were not written by Manuel.

        There's absolutely no need to name the author of each and every script
        you link to, especially if the scripts are free or released under GPL.
        All the informations are available on the site or in the code.

        Micha

        Comment

        • Jerry Stuckle

          #19
          Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

          Michael Fesser wrote:
          .oO(Jim Carlock)
          >
          >"Jerry Stuckle" wrote...
          >: Sorry, Micha, as much as I respect you, I have to disagree. How many
          >: posts has Manuel made which had solutions - other than saying "see this
          >: website" - and not telling people it is his?
          >>
          >You're correct. He should identify it as his code, his website. I do
          >hesitate to call it trolling. Of course, I only read one of his posts so
          >far. His website looks ok.
          >
          It's his site, but not always his code. He maintains the platform, but
          there are many other code contributors as well, like the two who wrote
          the threading classes mentioned here. These were not written by Manuel.
          >
          There's absolutely no need to name the author of each and every script
          you link to, especially if the scripts are free or released under GPL.
          All the informations are available on the site or in the code.
          >
          Micha
          >
          Micha,

          My complaint is that Manuel doesn't try to help people. Every answer is
          a pointer to his site, without telling people it is his site.

          That's just spamming - plain and simple.

          --
          =============== ===
          Remove the "x" from my email address
          Jerry Stuckle
          JDS Computer Training Corp.
          jstucklex@attgl obal.net
          =============== ===

          Comment

          • Jim Carlock

            #20
            Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

            I looked at the initial link posted and was commenting on that
            link (domain phpied.com). That belongs to Stoyan Stefanov. Oops.

            However, going back through to the link posted by Manuel, I did
            end up at the following link:



            It took 4 or 5 clicks, selecting a country, et al, to finally
            get to the link above. Very strange. Some sort of redirects that
            go on there. I've got to run for now. Catch you guys later.

            --
            Jim Carlock
            You Have More Than Five Senses


            Comment

            • R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

              #21
              Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

              On Oct 9, 11:10 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attg lobal.netwrote:
              R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah wrote:
              On Oct 5, 7:44 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attg lobal.netwrote:
              Manuel Lemos wrote:
              <snip>
              >This class can do exactly what you describe:
              >>http://www.phpclasses.org/thread
              >This other class also uses separate HTTP requests to run multiple
              >parallel tasks but these are started from the browser side using AJAX
              >requests:
              >>http://www.phpclasses.org/phpthreader
              Why don't you tell him that's your own site you're spamming again, Manuel?
              >
              And those are your own classes (which, BTW, aren't worth a damn) you're
              spamming?
              >
              What's your solution? Do you have better approach?
              >
              Yes, curl_multi_exec (), as Iván indicated.
              >
              Manuel is just a spammer - virtually every answer he posts refers to
              something on his site. And he doesn't even indicate it's his own site
              when he spams it.
              >
              Now I wouldn't mind if he were giving good technical advice. But I've
              looked at some of his scripts. I've seen relatively new PHP programmers
              do better.
              So, you never have a better solution except trolling?? I do know
              you have better knowledge in DB and OOP--but not in PHP. Manuel is
              known for bringing the first OOP repository for PHP and been
              internationally known for many years. By attacking such great people,
              you're proving your stupidity--but this is the time to stop such.

              --
              <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
              Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/

              Comment

              • Jerry Stuckle

                #22
                Re: HTTP-POST simultaneous requests

                R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah wrote:
                On Oct 9, 11:10 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attg lobal.netwrote:
                >R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah wrote:
                >>On Oct 5, 7:44 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attg lobal.netwrote:
                >>>Manuel Lemos wrote:
                >> <snip>
                >>>>This class can do exactly what you describe:
                >>>>http://www.phpclasses.org/thread
                >>>>This other class also uses separate HTTP requests to run multiple
                >>>>parallel tasks but these are started from the browser side using AJAX
                >>>>requests:
                >>>>http://www.phpclasses.org/phpthreader
                >>>Why don't you tell him that's your own site you're spamming again, Manuel?
                >>>And those are your own classes (which, BTW, aren't worth a damn) you're
                >>>spamming?
                >> What's your solution? Do you have better approach?
                >Yes, curl_multi_exec (), as Iván indicated.
                >>
                >Manuel is just a spammer - virtually every answer he posts refers to
                >something on his site. And he doesn't even indicate it's his own site
                >when he spams it.
                >>
                >Now I wouldn't mind if he were giving good technical advice. But I've
                >looked at some of his scripts. I've seen relatively new PHP programmers
                >do better.
                >
                So, you never have a better solution except trolling?? I do know
                you have better knowledge in DB and OOP--but not in PHP. Manuel is
                known for bringing the first OOP repository for PHP and been
                internationally known for many years. By attacking such great people,
                you're proving your stupidity--but this is the time to stop such.
                >
                --
                <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
                Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/
                >
                Sorry, Rajesh - Manuel has shown none of that "brilliance " here. If he
                were that great, he'd be helping here instead of just spamming his site.

                He's no better than any other spammer on the internet.

                And I would say I know a LOT more about PHP than Manuel does. And so do
                a couple of dozen other people in this newsgroup.

                --
                =============== ===
                Remove the "x" from my email address
                Jerry Stuckle
                JDS Computer Training Corp.
                jstucklex@attgl obal.net
                =============== ===

                Comment

                Working...